Why hands crack?
Our hands are subject to many influences, both from nature and from the space around us, at home chores and at work. Every day dozens of people look at our hands, so they should pay special attention. But this is not always enough time. Diseases, vitamin deficiency, cold, contribute to the occurrence of cracks. And to get rid of them, it is worth making an effort to eliminate the very cause of their occurrence.
Why the skin on hands cracks
- Prolonged and excessively frequent contact with water.
- Use of household chemicals, without any measures of protection
- Changing temperature conditions
- Contact with paints, varnishes, glue during repairs
- Sharp air humidity change
All these factors can lead to the fact that an absolutely healthy person can have cracked skin on their hands. Also, cracks in the hands may appear due to any internal diseases, such as:
- Fungal diseases
- Disorders at the hormonal level
In such circumstances, cracks can appear between the fingers, on the tips of the fingers and on the palms.You ask: why are fingers cracking? Practically for the same reasons, but on top of that, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract can occur.
Why are nails cracking
There are many reasons for the appearance of cracks in the nails, but mainly the following factors:
- Improper diet - to correct this problem, you need to include in your diet foods that contain vitamins B12, C and A, as well as calcium, iron, biotin.
- Lack of moisture and moisture in the nails themselves
- Menopause in women
Treating cracks in fingers, skin, and fingernails
If any external stimulus affects the formation of cracks, then it is worth limiting its effect and to start treatment. If the cracks are shallow and appear occasionally, they can be treated independently.
- Be sure to use gloves during contact with household chemicals, when washing, cleaning, washing dishes, as all chemicals adversely affect the skin.
- Wash your hands with herbs decoctions that have antiseptic properties. This is chamomile, plantain, linden.
- Wash hands only with mild or baby soap.
- Also in the daily care of yourself should include moisturizing hands.That is, at least a couple of times a day it is worth treating your hands with a moisturizing cream or a remedy for cracks with a healing effect.
- If you are constantly showing deep abrasions or cracks, you should see a dermatologist, who in turn will prescribe a special treatment, after taking a scraping from the skin for analysis.
- Often, the skin cracks due to lack of vitamins, so you should take a reception of a complex of minerals and vitamins that are necessary to maintain skin elasticity.
- To treat nail cracks, use vegetable oil. Using a cotton swab, simply moisten the tips of your fingers with oil, and hold them in this form for several minutes until completely absorbed. Repeat this kind of procedure several times a day.
- Baths with a small amount of sea salt, after them baths from vegetable oils. Keep fingers in solution for up to 15 minutes.
- Broth oak bark - two large spoons of bark boil in a water bath for about 20 minutes, then insist 30 minutes and the broth is ready. Moisten tampons with it and fix on fingers for the night.
- It is also worth considering that dry hands can be a symptom of any internal diseases, so do not torment yourself with the question why hands crack,but just go to your doctor for a consultation.