Why thank God?
Sometimes a person notices only the negative events in his life, focusing on what he does not have, and forgets to thank the Lord. But it's not right. Whatever emotions you have, thank the Creator for all that he has given you. Remember what was and what is good in your life now. Very often, people do not pay any attention to the good things that they have and complain about, for example, that they do not have a luxury car, although they drive a middle-class car, they don’t own a home, although they have a good apartment in the property and so on. They do not understand what to thank God for and they subsequently remain with nothing: homeless, carless, and so on. Everyone wants to eat deliciously, forgetting about the hungry - people in dire need of help.
When we express our gratitude to God, we thereby recognize our dependence on Him. The Holy Scriptures indicate the reasons why people need to thank God. Our great example — Jesus, the Son of God, gave thanks to the Father in his prayers. The heart of man must be filled with gratitude to God for the fact that, by His grace, the Lord brought us into His Kingdom of light, in which Christ forever will rule.
How to thank God
- If you do not know the right prayer, you can thank God in your own words. Having done this, cross over three times from right to left, saying: “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen".
- Also, if there is enough people around you, you can simply say to yourself: “Thank you, Lord!” Coming from Orthodox dogma, Christians thank the Lord for everything. Even if something dashing happens in life, the Orthodox believe that God sends them these tests so that a person will admit his mistakes, repent of his sins and take the new path - the path of correction.
- After carefully reading the Psalter, a book that is part of the Bible, you will find 150 songs in it, most of which are dedicated exclusively to the thanksgiving of the Lord. Read this sacred book, and you will certainly feel that you have grown spiritually.
- Visit any Orthodox church. From church servants, purchase a candle and place it in front of an icon with the image of the Savior. Often, this face is placed on the right in front of the altar. In the church shop you can buy a prayer book (in case you do not know the prayer of thanks).This special book contains not only thanks, but also for all occasions of prayer. In the alms boxes installed in the temple, you can put as much money as you see fit. Usually these alms are used to buy church utensils, rebuild the temple, etc. This will thank God.
- You can also order a prayer of thanksgiving at the candle box in the church - it is a special service where the priest reads certain prayers to the Lord. To do this, write on a piece of paper the names of those from whom prayer will be performed.
- Do any good deed - it will be the best thanks. Give alms, feed a hungry cat or dog, help your relatives, etc.
One man felt that he was very indebted to the Lord God, as he happily escaped the danger that threatened his life. Once in a conversation with a friend, he asked what he should do to thank God for his true worth. In response, a friend told him the following story.
The young man loved one girl very much and asked her to become his wife. However, the young woman had other plans.Then one day, while walking down the street at the crossroads, a girl almost got hit by a car. She did not die only thanks to the skill of the guy who sharply pulled her back. After that, the girl turned and said: "Now I will be your wife."
- How do you think, how did the guy feel at this moment? Asked a friend.
And instead of answering, his comrade only twisted his mouth in displeasure.