What to replace the meat?
Meat plays a special role in the diet of a huge number of people. About twenty percent of the food consumed is just meat and the rest of the meat elements. Among all the additives and products we use, meat is the richest in protein molecules. In addition, it is a huge amount of iron. But sometimes you want something new, but just as useful. Let's find out what can replace meat. First, let's define what it gives us.
- Protein is a building block for a living organism. Makes about 20% of our body weight.
- Iron is a trace element necessary to maintain an adequate level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Calcium is the main component of our bone tissue.
These are the main elements that we draw from meat. Another meat contains 8 amino acids, zinc, vitamin B12. Thanks to this set, the product is considered useful.
However, is it possible to call meat such an indispensable pantry of protein? What can replace it if you can not fully use this product? Knowing how to replace meat, diversify your diet.
- Fish is almost a complete substitute, it contains only less iron, but calcium, protein and other components are collected here in full. Also among a certain type of fish, for example, in mackerel, herring, horse mackerel, salmon, pollock, as well as tuna, a very large amount of polyunsaturated fats.
- Vegetables - a storehouse of microelements and vitamins. Especially well cope with the role of soy meat, beans and various cereals. Most of them have all 8 amino acids contained in meat. Buriak, tomatoes, peppers, carrots and other vegetables, when taken daily, saturate your body with all the vitamins and iron.
- Milk and dairy products contain large amounts of calcium and amino acids. Dairy products will deliver vitamin B12 to your body.
- Fruits, nuts and seeds contain a large amount of minerals and trace elements, not to mention vitamins.
As you already understood, there are no irreplaceable products. Diversify your diet with more healthy and tasty foods. Bon Appetit!