What kind of fruit can I scare?
Many keep parrots at home, so it is very important to know how and what they can be fed, and what should be excluded from the diet of these birds. Since these pets are not from our climate, you should not rely on intuition, as you can harm the health of the animal. There is a detailed list of what kind of fruit you can parrot.
Importance of fruit in the diet
Some owners of parrots do not know exactly what kind of fruit can feed their pets, and what - not. Therefore, they decide not to give the birds fruit at all. This is fundamentally the wrong approach, as it is impossible to exclude this category of products from food in any way. Substances that are found in fresh fruit are necessary for parrots. As soon as you purchased the parrot and brought it home, start to teach it to fruit.
Before giving the fruit a parrot, they need to be prepared. No heat treatment required. All the fruits that you are going to give the parrot must be thoroughly cleaned.This is especially true for those fruits that do not need to be cleaned, such as grapes or apricots. Imported fruits are often treated with harmful chemicals, so their peel is undesirable to eat. Fruits such as oranges, bananas, tangerines can not peel, if you are sure of its purity, as many parrots love the peel. Do not give large and heavy fruits to parrots without cutting them first, otherwise the bird may harm itself.
What kind of fruit can I give to a parrot?
- Apples and pears (bones need to be removed)
- Oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, lemons, lime (stones can be left)
- Watermelon (you can give the pulp and seeds; make sure the watermelon is fresh, as it is very easy for them to get poisoned)
- Melons (you can give the pulp and seeds)
- Pitted apricots and peaches
- Grapes (its use is limited to a few berries a day; you can not remove the bones)
- Pomegranate (this fruit can be given to a parrot in the amount of one-fourth of the fruit, but no more; you should not give pomegranate to birds that have health problems)
- Pineapple (it must first be peeled)
Now you know what kind of fruit you can give a wavy parrot.