What are poppies?
Sushi is one of the most popular dishes of traditional Japanese cuisine. Traditionally, sushi was made from rice with the addition of various seafood.In the 1980s, land became popular in many countries around the world. Now you won't surprise anyone with this dish, sushi is very often ordered in restaurants, cafes and sushi bars. In addition to sushi poppies, you can also see rolls on the menu. And in this article we will tell how they differ from each other.
What is the difference between sushi rolls and poppies
So, sushi is a common name for Japanese dishes that are made from rice with the addition of vinegar and seafood.
- Rolls and sushi maki are usually wrapped with a bamboo mat in a nori leaf, and then cut into pieces.
- We can say that rolls are a kind of sushi. They are stuffed with seafood, vegetables and even sweet stuffing.
- Rolls and sushi maki can be served hot, but sushi can only be cold. It turns out that rolls and poppies are shaped like rolls. When rice is wrapped in nori, such sushi is called - nori maki.
- If the rolls look like this: rice is sprinkled with sesame, and nori is inside, then these are uro-maki.
- Sushi looks different - make a small lump of rice and cover it with a piece of fish. Those. for rolls, the filling is obtained inside, and for sushi - the opposite.
- Maki Sushi is a kind of rolls that are made from rice and nori with seafood or omelet.
Both rolls and sushi maki are served with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger. So, sushi is different from rolls:
- The way of cooking. Rolls are twisted with a bamboo mat, and sushi is made by hand.
- Sushi has a different shape, and rolls are rolls.
- Rolls have a more varied filling.