What is harmful vodka?
Vodka is a strong alcoholic beverage, consisting of 40% ethyl alcohol. In our country it is impossible to imagine a single festive table on which vodka would not have stood. The benefits and harms of this drink are described in many sources. We also dedicated this article to the national Russian drink. In it, we will understand what is harmful vodka? And find out if there is any benefit from it.
Harm of vodka
Vodka, like any alcohol, has the following effects on the body:
- toxic to brain cells;
- slows down the work of the central nervous system;
- after a short-term improvement in appetite, the continued consumption of vodka paralyzes the action of the liver and pancreas;
- stimulates urine production, leading to dehydration.
For an average person, a single dose of 400 g of ethanol is considered a lethal dose. Half a liter of vodka can lead to a stroke or cardiac arrest.
Taking alcohol slows down impulses in the nervous system. The feeling of euphoria caused by the use of alcohol eliminates anxiety and excitement, prohibitions disappear. This is due to brain damage.Eyesight, coordination of movements, speech worsens.
Diseases, which leads to the abuse of vodka:
- The result of liver damage is cirrhosis and alcoholic hepatitis.
- Bacterial peritonitis is an inflammation of the lining of the abdominal cavity.
- Esophageal bleeding from varicose vessels, in the veins of the liver with increased pressure.
- Functional renal failure.
- Blood clotting and hormonal regulation are impaired.
- Ascites develops - accumulation of fluid in the stomach.
- Brain damage.
Systematic use of alcohol leads to alcoholism.
Symptoms of alcoholism:
- hangover syndrome;
- the presence of craving for alcohol;
- finding excuses for drinking;
- memory losses;
- the inability to abandon the "glasses";
- decrease in working capacity.
After the refusal of a person to drink alcohol, the consequences caused by alcoholism persist for many months. But those who say that vodka is harmful, definitely and categorically, are also mistaken. Sometimes it is useful.
The benefits of vodka
First of all, it is worth remembering that if we are talking about the benefits of vodka when it is ingested, it is about 30g-50g per day (not every day). When and how can vodka help?
- with a cold, you can mix it with pepper;
- it is an effective antipyretic, you need to grind your back and chest, leave the patient uncovered, the vodka will evaporate and the temperature drops;
- the ability of vodka to evaporate quickly helps with burns, you need to immediately lubricate the place of the burn, evaporating quickly, it will cool the burn and reduce pain, and no bubbles will appear on the body;
- It improves appetite and has a beneficial effect on digestion.
- able to reduce pressure;
- lowers cholesterol;
- vodka has disinfecting properties, it can handle wounds;
- vodka has anti-shock effect;
- ethyl alcohol, which consists of vodka, is the only antidote for methyl alcohol poisoning.
Vodka, brandy, moonshine: what is more harmful
Quite often the question is asked what is more harmful: vodka or brandy? The degree of intoxication that both of these drinks cause is the same. And fatal poisoning can also cause both. But in terms of their ability to cause the development of physical dependence, they cannot be compared. In this sense neither vodka nor whiskey, nor even wine, can be compared with vodka. This is confirmed by statistics. In those countries where alcohol is made by distillation, it is not only brandy, but whiskey, grappa, chacha, and alcoholism are less common.In the same place where alcoholic beverages are made on the basis of alcohol-rectification, despite the fact that it is more pure in terms of chemistry, alcoholism is very common.
Now the question may arise, what is more harmful: moonshine or vodka. The answer is simple, even homemade moonshine is less harmful. What is the matter? It would seem the most purified from impurities (aldehydes, fusel oils, acetone) product. And in another strong alcohol these impurities are present on the contrary. So it is precisely in them, in these "dirty" impurities, that lies the case. Many of these impurities have powerful beneficial properties and are able to exert a protective effect on the body, protecting it from the toxic effects of alcohol. For example, the components contained in fusel oil inhibit the oxidation of ethyl alcohol in the body and thereby reduce the load on the liver.
From the materials of this article, you will conclude that vodka is harmful and in what quantities? And even be able to take advantage of its useful properties.