What do cats understand?
There is an almost fantastic theory that cats have telepathy and are able to see the images that the brain of a person or other cats creates. But let's leave this theory to scientists, and let's talk about what cats understand when they communicate with a person.
- The sound range in which the cat can hear and can communicate is much wider than that of a person. A cat hears a man, but a man does not always hear a cat. How do cats understand human language? As a rule, only individual words. How many? It is difficult to say, because unlike dogs, cats do not seek to please the owner and do not often demonstrate their understanding. There are cases when cats could bring up to two dozen different items by voice request. To do this, the animal must distinguish words and match them with specific objects. But in any case, each cat knows its name and a few words from human speech.
- However, cats are much more focused not on words, but on the rhythm of speech and intonation.When you call your pet to eat, you speak words with certain intonations. That's exactly what the cat remembers. Try to say some other words with the same intonation. Your cat will believe intonation rather than the words themselves.
- Not unimportant factor in the understanding of human cat are gestures. Body movements are very important in the lives of cats and therefore they carefully monitor the gestures of a person. Remember how often your cat asks you for permission before jumping into your arms - sits opposite and looks you in the eye. It is enough to give up or slap yourself on the knees, as the cat immediately turns on its knees and fits comfortably.
- Asking whether cats understand us and how they do it, it is worth remembering that cats are very sensitive creatures. They feel our well-being and mood much better than us. The cat, most likely, will not come out to greet the owner if he is back in a bad mood and is sure to work if the owner has a pain. The sore spot has a higher temperature that cats feel. This is the place where the warm purring cat lies.Studies have shown that the warmth of the cat's body and the vibration of mumbling have an excellent therapeutic effect on humans. Is this not an understanding between man and a cat?
- Do not forget about the smell. For humans, smells do not mean much, and the cat lives in the world of smells, and in its world smells are one of the means of communication. Do you think the cat will feel that you are cutting meat in the kitchen? Or that you just opened a bag with a fragrant stew? Of course it will feel! And this is the same, cat's way of understanding man.
Do cats understand people? Of course they do. But understand in their own way. Moreover, the longer the cat lives in the house, the better she understands the person. Try you and take a step towards your pet!