What are some vegetables?
The word "vegetable" means the edible part of the plant, also solid food of plant origin. The only exceptions are nuts, cereals and, of course, fruits. From the biology side, the vegetables are edible parts of herbaceous plants, and from the cooking side, vegetables are called edible fruits. This article will discuss what vegetables to eat. After all, they are almost a daily part of the human diet. And at the same time they contain vitamins, minerals, fiber, organic acids and pectin substances.
Types of vegetables
- Tuber crops.
Vegetables are eaten in various forms. What kind of vegetable is eaten only raw, and which, conversely, only fried or stewed depends on the preferences of the person. After all, there are people who adhere to a kind of food system, which is called raw foods, that is, they all eat only raw. Vegetables are used in the diet, because they have virtually no fat.Every day, a healthy adult should consume no less than 600 grams of vegetables in any form.
- Sweet potato. Or sweet potato. The height of the bush is 15-18 cm.
- Potatoes. They are a very important food product. If you store the potato tubers in the light, they are painted in a green light. This is due to the solanine that they contain.
- Jerusalem artichoke. Or an earthen pear. It is a valuable technical, food and fodder plant.
- Swede. Biennial plant. The vegetation period lasts about 110 days.
- Carrot. Biennial plant. The most famous is the carrot crop. Cultural carrots are divided into feed and dining.
- Parsnip. It is consumed as a spice. In food, as a rule, use parsnip root.
- Parsley. Both leaves and roots are used. Fresh frozen parsley keeps healthy properties for several months.
- Radish. Root vegetables are used for eating.
- Radish In our region is used mainly radish sowing, which is not found in the wild.
- Turnip. Feed varieties of turnips are called "turnips".
- Beet.Sugar beet, ordinary and fodder are the most famous representatives.
- Celery. Distributed on all continents except Antarctica. All parts of the plant are edible.
- Horseradish. Is the basis for dining seasoning called table horseradish.
- Cabbage garden. Distributed in countries with a temperate climate.
- Red cabbage.
- Savoy cabbage.
- Brussels sprouts. Eat little rockers.
- Cauliflower. Valuable for dietary quality. Eat boiled heads.
- Broccoli. Vegetable is very rich in vitamins.
- Kohlrabi. Eat a stem.
- Leaf salad.
- Romain salad
- They contain very few calories and a lot of vitamin A and folic acid.
- Dill. It has a very spicy taste and smell.
- Tarragon. Also called tarragon wormwood or tarragon. Very common.
- Savory. Popular seasoning. In many cuisines of the world it is used for pickling and pickling.
- Basil. Popular seasoning. It is added to many dishes.
- Marjoram. Used as seasoning. Essential oil is extracted from the top of the plant. Improves digestion, has a sedative and diuretic effect.
- Bulb onions.The most important vegetable crop. Both leaves and bulb are used. Most often or consumed raw or roasted. Also canned, pickled.
- Garlic. Popular worldwide. Used in medicine because of antiviral action. In cooking, used in raw or cooked form, as well as seasoning. Leaves, arrows, flower stalks are also edible, used in young plants. Do not eat only the roots of the plant and the thin protective peels of cloves.
- Tomato. Tomato fruits are called tomatoes. Fruits are used in cooking in all forms. The type of fruit is a berry. The fruits are eaten fresh, boiled, fried, canned, from them are prepared tomato paste, various sauces, juices, lecho.
- Pumpkin. This vegetable is eaten after heat treatment. Well absorbed by the body.
- Squash Fruits are oblong-shaped vegetables of white, green or yellow color.
- Squash. Cultivated around the world.
- Cucumber. Important for metabolism. Improve digestion, heart and kidney function. Excite the appetite. Fresh increases the level of acidity in the stomach.
Legumes and grains
- Peas.Pea plant is the most common variety.
- Garden bean. Grow it as a food and feed crop. Popular among different nations.
- Sweet corn. Or maize. Has a wide culinary use. Cobs boil. Sometimes freeze for storage. Canned corn is often consumed in salads.
Consider the fact that there are vegetables from dessert.
- Artichoke. They eat fleshy pedicels at the spiny artichoke, and in the Spanish - the stems. Very widely used in cooking. Asparagus. The most common type is asparagus. Happens different types: grass or dwarf shrub. The tops of asparagus are a delicacy in cooking.
- Rhubarb. Petioles are used in cooking. In order to grow tender petioles, a plant needs to be surrounded by a keg, shaded petioles will reach for the light, and when they stretch, they will acquire a certain tenderness.
Now you know what vegetables are and their beneficial properties. This will allow you to organize your diet so that your body is fed with healthy food and natural vitamins constantly. In addition, vegetables are incredibly beneficial to the growing children's body.So try to eat more of them.