Useful properties of the rind and leaves of mandarins
Citrus fruits are very useful, and many among their variety prefer tangerines. Did you know that for preventive and therapeutic purposes, you can use not only the flesh of the fruit, but also their skin and even the leaves? Find out how to do it right.
It starts with the peel, as it is more accessible than the leaves. It consists of essential oils, pectins, phytoncides, organic acids, potassium, and vitamins C and A.
What is useful rind tangerines? It has the following properties:
- Strengthening immunity, due to the presence in the composition of a significant amount of vitamin C. Also, ascorbic acid reduces the elasticity and permeability of the walls of blood vessels, protecting them from stretching.
- Potassium contributes to the nutrition of the heart muscle and prevents the development of diseases such as ischemia and heart attack.
- Vitamin A, giving the peel a bright shade, firstly, improves the condition of the skin and mucous membranes, and secondly, helps to maintain visual acuity.
- The peel has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, useful in some diseases of the throat, mouth, urinary system and other organs.
- The antioxidants included in the composition prevent the development of oncological diseases and slow down the processes of oxidation and aging of tissues.
- The pleasant smell of tangerine peel, due to the high content of essential oils, can relieve depression, improve mood, give vivacity and a positive attitude.
- Regular use of the peel will reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood.
- Mandarin skins will help maintain a constant level of sugar in the blood and prevent its sharp increases.
- This product is useful for bronchitis and other lung diseases, as it contributes to the dilution and excretion of sputum, and also has anti-inflammatory effects.
- With the peel you can treat skin and nail fungus.
- Skins of such citrus fruits will help to cope with increased gas formation, normalize stools and stabilize the intestinal microflora.
Important: Do not use the peel for allergies to citrus, as well as during exacerbations of gastritis and ulcers.
How to apply?
Surprisingly, tangerine peel can be used in cooking.If you rub it on a grater, you get a wonderful natural flavor additive for baking or dessert, which will also give the dish a bright shade. In addition, bright candied fruits can be made from the peel with added sugar. You can also add zest to tea and other beverages.
Greater use of mandarin skins received in traditional medicine. We offer several effective recipes:
- Grind the skin of two fruits, pour boiling water and breathe the resulting steam to get rid of the cough. But such a procedure is allowed only at normal body temperature.
- In case of fungal lesions, the problem areas can simply be actively rubbed with skins several times a day.
- With colds and bronchitis tincture will help. To prepare, you need to pour a glass of vodka or diluted alcohol with two tablespoons of rubbed peel. The mixture is infused in a dark place for a week, filtered and taken in twenty or twenty-five drops, dissolved in 50 ml of water, three times a day after meals.
- To lighten the mood, just put a few skins next to you.
- With increased gas formation, the crushed peel can be added to oatmeal or a sour milk product, for example, kefir.
- To prevent cardiovascular disease and chronic fatigue, you can use infusion. Grind the skins of three fruits, cover with a liter of boiling water, leave for an hour in a closed container, strain and drink a quarter of a glass after each meal.
- Chopped peel can be added to face masks in order to achieve improved skin color and rejuvenating effect.
The leaves of mandarins are also useful, because they contain volatile substances, essential oils, flavonoids. But citrus greens are less available than fruit with a peel, so it is used much less frequently. And in order to extract maximum benefit, you need to make sure that the raw materials are fresh and natural, which is not always possible. So, the foliage can be sprayed with pests that will make the raw material harmful. Therefore, it is best to use the greens independently grown mandarins.
Consider the beneficial properties of tangerine leaves:
- Help with colds. Phytoncides and essential oils help the body fight viruses and bacteria.
- The leaves have a pronounced antiseptic effect, which will come in handy for cuts, wounds and other injuries of the skin.
- The greens of these citrus fruits alleviate the condition of intestinal disorders, reduce the motility of the intestinal walls and eliminate diarrhea.
- Foliage can be used in cosmetology, for example, with acne and inflammation, expansion and clogging of pores, the first signs of aging, cellulite.
There are few contraindications to the use of mandarin leaves: these include allergies to citrus fruits and individual hypersensitivity.
How to use the leaves of tangerines? There are several ways to do this:
- To make infusion, 10 pieces of finely chop and pour two cups of freshly boiled water. Capacity tightly close and allow the liquid to infuse for two hours. Ready to infuse with gauze strain and take a third of the glass after eating with diarrhea. Also, the tool can be used for rinsing the throat and mouth with inflammatory or infectious diseases.
- Tincture is effective for colds and flu. To get it, you need to take twenty fresh leaves and chop it in any way. This gruel is filled with three glasses of high-quality vodka or diluted with medical alcohol.Close the container tightly and remove it for two weeks in a dark place. Strain the tincture, take after meals three times in thirty to forty drops, diluted with water.
- To rejuvenate, get rid of acne or cellulite, you can chop the leaves, turning them into a pulp, and put this mass on problem areas. Soak it for an hour and then wash it off.
Take maximum benefit from tangerines using their leaves and peel!