What is ghee?
Contrary to popular belief, ghee oil is not a simple melted butter. First of all, this food is different in the process of creation, and secondly - the resulting structure. The difference in the properties of conventional ghee and ghee is also beyond doubt, because the latter does not contain lactose and other milk residues, and therefore is useful for human consumption, contributes to better gastrointestinal function and improves skin condition.
Description and characteristics
Shop melted butter is often the usual melted creamy variety. Ghee differs from them even visually: it has a golden uniform color without impurities and sediment, and the smell slightly resembles caramel. The taste is sweet consistency.
Ghee is a butter made from natural cow's milk, from which water and solid milk particles are removed when melted. In Ayurvedic medicine, oil is traditionally considered to be one of the most useful products: according to the teachings, ghee provides sedation for all types of dosha.The product is mentioned in the texts as carrying special benefits for young children and the elderly, as it can accelerate the process of regeneration and growth of tissues.
It is noted in the teaching that such a mass is an excellent means of rejuvenating and preserving youth, therefore, it is part of some drugs and is present in many methods of treating the body. In particular, based on it, a remedy such as Tripkhala-grutam is prepared, with the help of which a procedure called Netratarpana (eye baths) is carried out, and which is successfully used internally to cleanse the body and improve vision.
Many drugs contain ghee to improve the transportation of the treating agent to the cells of the body. It is known for certain that this product has strong antioxidant properties that remove free radicals from the body. According to modern research, it does not raise the level of cholesterol in the blood, as some other varieties do.
Created by all the rules, food is stored for quite a long time, preserving and accumulating useful medicinal properties. Sustained over time, the mass acquires the ability to heal from poisoning, headaches, heal wounds and get rid of women's diseases.Long-term storage affects the color of the consistency and its taste.
The product is perfect for people who are lactose intolerant, because it is completely absent. In addition, when cooking food on it, it almost never burns, since its combustion temperature is quite high.
The maximum dose for an adult - 2 tsp. per day.
Benefit and harm
Such food is nutritious and healthy. Here are the properties noted when it is used:
- promotes better food processing;
- stimulates good absorption and absorption of food;
- improves memory;
- strengthens eyesight;
- promotes the flexibility of joints;
- has anti-aging properties;
- stimulates the formation of new cells;
- improves metabolism;
- transfers into the tissues of the human body the beneficial properties of other products.
The product contains vitamins and minerals necessary for vital activity, as well as nicotinic acid. It contains up to 5% of the body needed linoleic acid, ensuring the proper development and growth of tissues.
This acid is not produced by the body and must be ingested daily with food.Ghee does not lose its qualities for a long time, does not oxidize and does not acquire a rancid taste, does not emit carcinogens during cooking on the fire and does not burn, retaining all its medicinal properties.
As for the harm of the product, it is not recommended for people with individual intolerance to the components in the composition, and it is also forbidden to abuse it, because in this case all the benefits of it are lost.
Creation and storage
To prepare the oil at home will need:
- enamel pan;
- silver spoon (or stainless steel);
- vessel for the finished product of glass;
- gauze for filtering;
- unsalted natural butter without impurities.
In the process of cooking should not be left without attention to the mass, because it can burn due to excessive heat. The process itself looks like this:
- A creamy mass is placed in an open pan, put on a low fire and is not covered with a lid.
- As soon as the melted mass boils, it is necessary to reduce the heat and put the liquid to boil over low heat.
- At first, it will have a hazy shade — this will continue until all the water has boiled away from it.
- During boiling, milk particles will be separated in the form of white impurities and foam, some of which will float, and some will be at the bottom. At this stage, it is recommended to stir the mass.
- When all the water is removed from the liquid, its temperature will begin to increase rapidly. At stage 110-115º C, the fire is turned off.
- Before filtering, the mass is slightly cooled, and after the procedure, gauze with sediment is thrown out.
A competently created ghee will not deteriorate in hermetic conditions - the longer the healing mass is stored, the more valuable as a result will be its benefits and the stronger the positive effect on the body.