Okra in tomato paste with rice
- 200 g okra fruits;
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste;
- 200 grams of rice;
- 100 grams of short vermicelli;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- olive oil;
- salt and spices.
- You can use dried, fresh or frozen okra pods for cooking. Rinse them in water, put them in a saucepan and add water. If there is a lot of water, then the soup will turn out; if it is not enough, then stewed vegetables. Everyone can choose the method of preparation for themselves.
- Put the pot with the contents on the stove, wait until the water with okra boils, reduce the heat and leave to boil.
- Pour olive oil into another saucepan, pour the noodles into the pan, and fry it until golden brown in the pan, stir constantly, so that it does not burn.
- Add rice to the noodles, mix thoroughly, and then pour water in so that the liquid level is five centimeters above the contents of the pan. Pour salt to taste and any spices here.
- All this mass should boil as soon as boiling occurred, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook with the lid closed until rice is completely cooked (it will take about 15-20 minutes).
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut into slices. Fry in a pan until brown.
- Put the fried pieces of garlic in a pan, where okra is cooked. Add also tomato paste and salt to the salt with the hammerhead, mix and leave to boil until the fruits of okra are softened.
- Serve okra and rice should be in the same plate, you can mix.