Mackerel on the grill
Mackerel baked on the grill can be a quick improvisation when very little time is left before the arrival of unexpected guests. The fish is marinated for an hour, baked almost instantly: it will take only 20 minutes for the carcass to turn golden. Boiled and fried mackerel to taste can not be compared with baked fish on the grill. Enjoy this dish, breaking off small pieces with a fork. After baking, the fish acquires a different “status”, this dish can be accompanied with a glass of light white wine.
- Mackerel - 2 pcs.
- olive oil - 6 tbsp. l.,
- lemon juice - 2.5 tbsp. l.,
- soy sauce - 4 tbsp. l.,
- dry spices (Provencal herbs or dried seasoning for fish) - 2 tbsp. l.,
- salt - 1 tsp.
The sequence of cooking mackerel on the grill
1. The ideal option is to throw freshly caught mackerel on the grill grate. Then no seasonings will be needed, it will be possible to do only with salt and lemon juice.To make a frozen fish tasty, she will have to pay more attention. Bake whole large fat mackerel. 2. The carcass is cut, remove the insides, washed. Very often, mackerel is baked along with the head, having previously removed the gills. But beheaded baked fish look appetizing, so you should get rid of inedible parts beforehand.
3. After washing the carcass under a stream of cold water, the internal black films are scraped off with a thin knife. Squeeze out lemon juice, water the fish. jpg "style =" max-width: 100%; " alt="Mackerel on the grill">
4. Carcasses lightly rubbed with salt from all sides, take a little salt. Pour mackerel with soy sauce and vegetable oil.
5. Sprinkle with mackerel seasonings. You can take any hot spices. Especially diligently lubricate the inside of the carcasses. Fish belly fill with lemon peel.
6.Dishes with mackerel put in the fridge for 60 minutes. Long marinating leads to excessive softening of mackerel. 7. Bake the mackerel on the grill, as it can slide directly from the skewers into the brazier. The grid does not need to be greased, oil marinade will not allow fish to stick to the metal. 8. Mackerel is baked for 10-12 minutes on each side. At the same time, pickled onions and mushrooms can be put on the grid. During roasting, the mackerel is watered with the remnants of soy-lemon marinade.
9. Fish shift on a large plate, surrounded by lemon circles and greens. When serving, cut the fish, put a lemon slice on each piece of mackerel.
10. At a picnic, mackerel baked on the grill is served without a side dish, limited to bread and spicy sauce. 11. Cold mackerel is not at all like hot. Many bake mackerel and put in the refrigerator, and served to the table only the next day. From cold mackerel get great pate.The flesh of one fish is freed from bones, combined with two spoons of thick mayonnaise, whipped-kneaded with a fork. It turns out fluffy homogeneous paste mass. Diced onion, put in pate. Add black ground pepper, coriander powder and whole grains of cumin. Baked mackerel paste spread on rye bread. 12. If hot baked mackerel becomes part of the dinner, you can serve it with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.