"Lioton" (gel): instructions, use, effectiveness of the drug
The composition of the drug "Lioton", release form
The drug "Lioton" is a viscous gel of white or white-yellow color. The drug is an anticoagulant, which includes the active substance - heparin sodium, in an amount of 1000 IU per 1 gram of the drug. It thins the blood, thereby preventing the formation of blood clots.
As the forming components used:
- Methyl and propyl p-hydroxybenzoate.
- Neroli essential oil.
- Essential oil of lavender.
- Carbomer 940.
- Purified water.
The drug "Lioton" is available in metal tubes of 30, 50 and 100 g. Secondary packaging is presented in a cardboard box with the manufacturer's markings and the expiration date.
Pharmacological properties of the drug "Lioton", pharmacokinetics
The drug "Lioton" with local application removes peripheral edema and eliminates the increased vascular permeability.As a consequence, the release of fluid into the surrounding tissue is reduced. In the blood, it forms a complex with antithrombin III and interferes with the transition of prothrombin to thrombin, inhibits the activity of the latter, reduces platelet aggregation. Weakens the activity of hyaluronidase, improves blood fibrinolytic properties. It has a lipid-lowering effect.
With a single use of the drug, the maximum plasma concentration is detected after 8 hours. The half-life of "Lioton" is 24 hours.
The drug is excreted in the form of metabolites (partly unchanged, no more than 10%) through the kidneys along with urine.
The main indications for use of the gel "Lioton"
The drug "Lioton" is widely known for its active advertising. Its main indications include:
- Surface Periflebit
- Elimination of complications after operations on the veins.
- Injuries and stretches of the musculoskeletal system.
- Damage to soft tissue with severe swelling.
- Inflammatory infiltrate.
- Hematomas (including subcutaneous).
- Varicose veins
- Bruises, bruises.
- Vascular stars.
Method of use gel "Lioton" dosing regimen
Gel "Lioton" is intended only for local use. The drug is not desirable to apply to the mucous membranes. The instructions indicate that a single dose of "Lioton" corresponds to a strip with a length of 3 to 10 cm, depending on the volume of the affected area. The gel is rubbed with light massaging movements until completely dry. The multiplicity of applications - from 1 to 3 times a day.
The course of drug treatment depends on the severity of the disease. Its average duration can be from 7 to 10 days. Treatment for varicose veins can last up to 3 weeks. Chronic venous insufficiency requires a longer course. It can be from 1 to 6 months.
Contraindications to the use of the drug "Lioton"
Despite the popularity of the drug, "Lioton" can not be used in the presence of the following contraindications:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Ulcerative lesions of the skin.
- Necrotic skin lesions.
- Wounds at the site of the intended application of the gel.
- Reduced blood coagulation.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
- Open bleeding.
- Purulent processes.
- You can not put the drug on the mucous membranes and weeping wounds.
Side Effects of Lioton
According to clinical studies, the drug "Lioton" is well tolerated by patients and practically does not cause side effects. In 2% of all cases registered:
- Allergic reactions (redness at the site of application, itching, rash).
Cases of drug overdose were not registered, since the absorption of the main active ingredient in the blood is extremely small.
If Lioton gel gets on mucous membranes or open wounds, it is necessary to wash the skin area with running water. If the gel is swallowed accidentally, gastric lavage and enterosorbent administration are recommended.
The selective antidote for heparin sodium is protamine sulfate.
- The simultaneous use of the gel "Lioton" with anticoagulants for internal use can provoke a prolongation of the prothrombin time.
- Do not mix the drug "Lioton" with other local anticoagulants.
- The use of gel with external ointments containing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and tetracycline antibiotics is contraindicated.
- Before using the gel "Lioton" you must clean the skin.
- If there are open wounds or cuts at the site of application, it is worth refusing to use the drug. This applies especially to infected ulcers and wounds. The use of �Lioton� in this area can cause bleeding.
- During pregnancy and the breastfeeding period, the use of Lioton is possible only after consulting a specialist.
- There are no age limits for skin use. In elderly people, a decrease in drug absorption is possible due to the low degree of blood supply to the subcutaneous tissue. Children drug is allowed from any age. An overdose of the drug is not possible, as absorption through the skin is negligible.
The effectiveness of the drug "Lioton" is proven in 97% of cases. Most often, the drug is prescribed for varicose veins, thrombophlebitis and hematomas. However, there are cases when "Lioton" was used to relieve swelling of the face, bags under the eyes. Patients note a rapid removal of puffiness and the elimination of vascular asterisks in the facial area.Such use is not described in the instructions for use of the drug, so you should be careful to use "Lioton" for such purposes.
Analogs of the drug "Lioton" prices
Gel "Lioton" is an original product manufactured by the German company "Berlin-Chemie". The price of the drug depends on the amount of packaging. So, a tube of 30 g can cost from 280 to 350 rubles. A 100 g tube is 750�800 rubles.
The drug has several structural analogues, which completely coincide in their properties and pharmacological action. These include:
- Trombless is the Russian equivalent of Lioton. The preparation also includes sodium heparin in the amount of 100 IU per 1 gram of gel. �Trombless� has a pronounced anti-edema and antithrombotic effect. Effective in the treatment of varicose veins, thrombosis, edema and bruises. The price of the drug is slightly lower than the original and amounts to 150�200 rubles for 30 g of the drug.
- �Hematrombin� is a complex medicine, which is produced in the form of ointment and gel, and contains several active substances, unlike �Lioton�. The composition of the analogue: heparin, allantoin, dexapanthenol, oils of pine needles and lemon. The drug has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, analgesic and antithrombotic effect.The price of funds can vary from 200 to 250 rubles, depending on the region.
- Venolife is a complex preparation containing not only heparin, but also vitamins of group B and R. The spectrum of effects of the drug in addition to the standard anti-clotting action includes: improvement of metabolic processes and tissue trophism, reduction of capillary fragility, inhibition of inflammatory processes and bactericidal and antifungal effects. Auxiliary components of the drug improve the absorption of heparin. The price of the drug is 300-330 rubles per tube 30 g.
The drug "Lioton" and its analogues belong to non-prescription drugs and can be used without consulting a doctor. However, during the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding, it is necessary to clarify with a specialist the possibility of taking these medicines, in order to avoid side effects and negative effects on the child.