Leaning! Textile feathers master class
The idea of textile feathers struck me just the other day. Carrying out for the customer an interesting idea of making one a “frightening look” of arachnid, I set out to make him a small accessory (well, I couldn’t calmly sit still while the toning was drying, I confess). Bows-flowers in style did not fit us categorically. And my hands were scratched ... Fools do not give a head rest to their feet, but handicraftsmen, you understand.
Starting any order, I seriously study the topic of work. This time was no exception. The prototype of our arachnid was the Mexican spider tarantula Brachypelma Smithi. At home, this "baby" eats crickets. But in fact ... in fact, it is still - a tarantula. "The feathers left from the eaten ptah!" - it suddenly occurred to me.
Since it seemed to me to be too trivial to tear feathers from the passer-tail, and in the zone of visibility the cloth scraps were found, it was decided to use them to implement the idea.
So, we will need:
- Scraps of fabric (a variant of scraps from patchwork is wonderfully suitable).
- Color matching thread.
- Clay (in this case, beautiful is almost all known Titan).
- Colors acrylic on fabric.
- I almost forgot about the pliers, needle and scissors!
1. Determine the size of the pen and cut off the two pieces of tissue you need to the length and width, respectively.
2. We use wire for the base. Its length must be less than the length of the future feather. Passatizhi needed just to bite off the necessary piece of wire from the common skein (I have the wire in the coils. I love, you know, stocks ...). On this their role, in fact, is exhausted.
3. Carefully, without fanaticism, so that there is not too much, we coat the wire with glue. We put it in the middle of one scraper, and as shown in the photo: one end should not reach the edge of a patch of 1.5-2 mm. It is better to perebdet, than then from the pen will stick a donkeyhall metal base.
4. Put a second scraper on top and press a wire around it. This is how it looks like:
5. Now it is the turn to form the basis, that is, the trunk, of our pen. For this we need a thread and a needle, our best friends. We twist the wire like this:
And as a result we get:
6Now cut out the pen of the required shape. Approximately, for "haircut just started." We cut off the stylus of the pen close to the strap.
7. And, my friends, we start OSPIP!
Not sparing our strength, we make fringe (considering, however, that around the whipped wire one must leave a little untouched plain). An ordinary needle is perfect for this purpose.
8. As soon as we found out that there is nothing to pinch, we beautifully distribute the fringe and dub it to a satisfactory look.
9. The last and most interesting stage of the work begins - painting.
Then your imagination can turn around. Within the pen, of course.
As can be seen in the photo, painting was carried out on a napkin. This is convenient, since the excess paint remains on it. And then this napkin can be immediately thrown away. And do not need to wash anything, which saves time.
Here is what we have as a result:
The pen nib is treated with paint. So he will not pour. There is no need to iron the painted feather with an iron. Everything dries beautifully in a natural way.
So, leveled, cut unnecessary. Voila! Rather, three times voila and a little hand dexterity 🙂
On the back, I attached a tiny pin.Now this spider accessory can, if desired, wear a spider mistress.
Here is a spider with a new accessory.