Is bronchitis contagious?
We all unwittingly think about the "contagion" of infections, when someone from the surrounding coughs, sneezes. We are worried at such moments for our health and sort out in the head, than a sneezing and coughing person can infect with a flu, ARVI or another disease. Many people know firsthand about the disease like bronchitis. Is bronchitis contagious?
Translated from the Latin - "inflammation of the bronchus." If a person suffers from a strong cough, then the doctor can make a diagnosis of acute bronchitis. As a rule, it occurs suddenly and the disease can be cured within 2 weeks. And if coughing attacks are accompanied by wheezing, wheezing behind the chest, it is more likely that it is obstructive bronchitis.
The ability to infect others with bronchitis, but depends on the cause of the factor that caused it.
The causes of the disease
If the cause is viral, for example, a flu virus, then you can get bronchitis from a person who has become ill. Here the main route of transmission is airborne (coughing, sneezing). That is why it is important to take precautions.
- be sure to ventilate the room;
- wash hands after each visit to public places;
- lubricate the nose with oxolinic ointment, especially during infections;
- wear protective masks.
Bronchitis may occur in cases of autoimmune processes, allergic reactions, inhaled harmful substances. For example, bronchitis in bronchial asthma. In this case, bronchitis is not transmitted to others, because autoimmune and allergic reactions are subject to individual course.
Is bronchitis contagious or not?
If your family has smokers and you have children, then be attentive to the health of the crumbs. The child’s inhalation of tobacco smoke (passive smoking) contributes to the occurrence of bronchitis.
Chronic bronchitis (or recurrent), repeated several times during season 1, may occur due to inflammation and irritation of the bronchi by inhaled substances, often tobacco smoke. An important factor are air pollution, cold, wet weather, obesity, repeated respiratory diseases caused by infection.
In chronic bronchitis - cough persistent or recurring with sputum.The phlegm is usually whitish or gray, and wheezing in the lungs may persist for a long time.
Recommendations for recovery
- take your prescribed medication; do not self-medicate because acute bronchitis and obstructive bronchitis are treated differently;
- try to lead a healthy lifestyle;
- eat organic foods;
- Exercise, monitor your posture, because good posture can make breathing more effective;
- it is better to conduct inhalation through a nebulizer - no more than 2-3 inhalations per day, so that the bronchi "opened up", the sputum is gone;
- stop smoking;
- Remember that bronchitis is dangerous because it can trigger asthma.
- Is bronchitis contagious or not? Bronchitis is a disease that may not cause bronchitis in others, but it may have a predisposition to transmit the pathogen to others.