How to write files to disk?
Watch the video
With the advent of new technology drives faded into the background. In their place came flash-cards and storage devices. But there are situations in which you can not do without a disk. This is where the question “How to write files to disk?”
Windows standard writing tools
For recording discs, you can use special programs that are installed separately on your computer, or you can use the standard Windows recording tools. There are several ways.
- We insert a blank disc into the drive (it must be a writer for recording discs).
- Open "My Computer" and click on the drive sign. An empty window should open.
- We move into the opened window the files intended for writing to the disk. The file icons with arrows in the lower left corner will appear in our window.
- When all files are prepared, you can start recording. On the left side, select "Burn files to CD".
- In the recording wizard window that appears, specify the name of the disk and click "Next."
- After this begins the process of writing data to disk. When heis over, you can view the recorded files.
- Insert the disc into the drive.
- In the "Autorun" window, select "Write files to disk."
- The “Burn Disc” window will appear, in which we select “As USB Flash Drive”. Here you can also write the name of the disc in the corresponding column. Then click "Continue."
- The disk will be formatted.
- In the “Autoplay” window that appears, we are interested in the “Open folder for viewing files” tab. Choose her.
- Drag and drop files to write in an empty window.
- Select "Burn to CD" and the recording process begins.
- After the copying is finished, click the "Finish" button.
- Do not open the drive while recording.
- Do not cancel the recording process, as this will damage the disc.
Programs to write files to disk
Nero burning rom
In addition to the standard, there are a number of programs that allow you to write data to DVD and CD. For example, you can use the program Nero Burning Rom, which can be downloaded after. Recording occurs in several stages:
- Install the program on the computer.
- Insert a blank disc or drive. The disc must be completely clean.
- Run the program.
- Add prepared files to it.
- Select the speed, and then click "Burn."
- We are waiting for the recording process to finish, which can take up to 5 minutes.
Windows media player
Download and install it on your computer.
- Insert the blank disc into the drive. As a rule, the program itself recognizes it and offers to make an entry in a special menu.
- Select the menu bar "Record audio CD using Windows Media Player."
- Windows Media Player will start on the screen with the recording tab open.
- In the "Record List" window that opens, drag the necessary files.
- Do not forget about the name of the album, which will be recorded.
- It is very important that the total recording time be no more than 80 minutes. Otherwise, nothing happens.
- Click "Start recording". The procedure can take up to 5 minutes.
Burn aware free
Burn Aware Free - a simple program for the unprepared user. To get started, install the program and select “Burn CD”. The program is available.
Types of discs
If we talk about the types of disks, we distinguish the following options:
- CD-R - laser disc, designed for write-once (recorded information can not be changed);
- CD-RW - reusable laser disk (information can bedelete and write again). The capacity of such disks is 700 MB;
- DVD-R - a disc designed for one-time recording;
- DVD + R - a disc designed for one-time recording;
- DVD + RW - rewritable DVD - disc;
- DVD-RW - laser disc, available for multiple recording. The capacity of such disks is 4.7 GB.
The difference between the disks "+" and "-" is in the manufacturer. Formats with "-" were developed by Pioneer, and disks with "+" were adopted by Sony, Phillips.
Using our instructions, you can easily burn a CD and DVD.