How to write an essay?
Before you start writing an essay on a given topic, read the basic recommendations and stick to them later.
Essay writing recommendations
- A writing consists of an introduction, a main part and a conclusion.
- The introduction and the conclusion together should make no more than one third of the whole composition.
- To work turned out to be logical, be sure to make a plan on a draft on our recommendations.
- The content of the essay should cover the main issue - the theme of the work.
- The writing should not be a simple retelling of the text.
- Welcome, if you show erudition and the ability to compare, using in the essay examples from other works of life. But do not overdo it so that everything is appropriate.
- Be sure to divide the text into paragraphs.
How to write an essay: stages of work
So, the subject of the essay cannot be replaced by another one that is close in meaning. That is, your task is to reveal the main question of the work as fully as possible, to write strictly on a given topic.
Outline of the composition on draft
Now take a draft and make a work plan. Mentally transform the subject of the essay into a question. Think about how you would answer it - this will be the main idea of your work. The plan of the main part (between introduction and conclusion) is divided into several points, which will logically move from one to another and gradually answer the main question of the essay. Take the main part as a logical and consistent proof of your point of view on this issue. According to such a plan, it will be much easier for you to write an essay on a clean copy: gradually reveal each item of the main part of the plan, so you will get a ready-made essay on a given topic.
In order to write an essay correctly, it is necessary to take seriously not only the main part, but also the introduction. There are various versions of the introductory part of the essay:
- For example, you can apply a historical introduction, that is, begin your essay with a brief description of the era, analyzing the economic, political or social environment and linking it to the topic of the work.
- You can also start with an analytical introduction, by reflecting on the central concept of the subject of the essay.
- If you take a biographical introduction, analyze the change in the writer's views, his life, think of the history of writing this work.
- A comparative introduction requires mentioning past literary trends and reflecting on what the author has introduced to the development of literature.
- As an alternative, you can use a lyrical introduction when you will compare the theme of the essay with personal experience, thoughts and feelings from what you read.
Write the main part of the essay, strictly following your logical plan on a draft. Do not go to the "jungle", try to clearly answer the main question, proving your point, supporting it with quotes and examples from the text.
In order to write an essay correctly, you can quite use the technique of a dispute with an imaginary opponent or a method from the opposite. It is important to show your attitude to the facts, analyze each paragraph of the text, make mini-conclusions and generalizations.
Here the conclusions of the essay should be clearly formulated. Think about the relevance and eternity of the problem. Briefly reveal the meaning of the characters and works.Describe its impact on contemporaries, on the next generation. The conclusion is the result of all the reasoning in the main part, a brief summary.
These are some simple recommendations should help you cope with the task - writing an essay.