How to update radeon drivers?
The manufacturer of video cards Radeon periodically releases updated versions of drivers for its own products, which can significantly improve the performance of the device. That is why every PC user should know how to update radeon video card drivers.
Definition of a video card model
First of all, you need to decide on the model of your video card. To do this, do the following:
- Click "Start" and type in the search box "dxdiag".
- Open the "Screen" tab in the window that appears.
Thus, the user will be able to see all the necessary information about the manufacturer of the video card, its main characteristics, etc. In the future, you need to decide whether you really need to update the ati radeon video card driver.
On the "Screen" tab in the upper right corner you can see the date and the exact version of the driver. Today, new drivers are released about once every two to three months. Accordingly, if your drivers are more than a few months old, this indicates that it is necessary to upgrade it.
To update your amd radeon video card driver, visit the manufacturer's official website -. Here you can download the latest driver version.
As practice shows, for the correct operation of the updated driver, you must uninstall the current one.
Remove old driver
- Click the "Start" button.
- Select the "Control Panel" tab, and then "Programs and Features"
- Find the item "ATI catalyst Install Manager".
- Click "Express Uninstall ALL ATI Software".
If you do everything correctly, the procedure for removing the current driver package will begin. After its completion, you must restart the personal computer.
Installing a new driver
- Run the driver installation package, which was downloaded from the official website of the video card manufacturer.
- Specify the folder in which to unzip the file.
- Click “Install”.
- After unpacking is complete, run the installation wizard.
- Click "Next", and then the "Install" button.
- Select “Express”.
- Read and accept your license agreement.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- Restart the personal computer.
This is how you can periodically update radeon drivers to improve the performance of your own video card.