How to understand music?
Everyone listens to music (stamping to the beat, singing a melody). But do they hear? How many are really able to understand musical works? Unfortunately, this skill is not given to everyone. But this can be learned. So how to understand music?
Why learn to listen to music?
Music accompanies a person throughout his life, but some seem not to notice. Others are pleased that they reproduce popular melodies and do not try to develop further. Do you need the ability to listen to music?
Music (from the Greek “muse”) is art that cannot be separated from a person’s ability to feel. Understanding music develops emotion, empathy, empathy. And these spiritual qualities contribute to personal growth.
Of all living creatures, music is accessible only to man; it also develops the intellect, makes thinking more figurative. Yes, and for self-knowledge it is useful: listening to unfamiliar works, you can discover new qualities in yourself.
Learning to understand music
Often there is advice that you need to listen to more different music.Maybe sometime the quantity will go into quality. But still, it requires not perseverance, but elementary desire.
- Do not assume that the music does not bother you because of the lack of hearing. It is proved that there are no such people. Everyone is capable of understanding music, and hearing can be developed.
- It is necessary to follow from simple to complex. Do not try to immediately understand the pattern of avant-garde music, there is hardly enough patience for more than 10 minutes.
- Listen to yourself and pick up the product, in the mood that matches your condition.
- Starting to listen, do not be distracted by extraneous stimuli. Let the tunes capture you.
- If it did not work out, then something didn’t coincide. But if this music did not cause feelings, associations, they will definitely be caused by another.
Do I need a classic?
Those who do not want to listen to classical music do not understand what pleasure they are depriving themselves of. Man and all living organisms are programmed to understand the classics. Studies have shown: plants, birds, animals develop better under the classical works. There are programs for pregnant women, including listening to such music, it has a positive effect on the fetus.
How to understand classical music
- Forget about prejudice (“old people listen to the classics”). Do not be afraid to relax and open up to meet the new sensations.
- Start with simple, well-known works (the mass of JS Bach is not suitable for beginners, but he also has a light, pleasant “Joke”).
- Helps to navigate the program music having names. They show what the composer wanted to portray.
- Read the author's biography. Knowing his state when writing a work, it will be easier for you to understand music.
- Major works (symphonies, operas) are difficult to understand. Listen to them in parts.
- If you can’t open your own door to a new world, look for a conductor (a person who understands music).
- Go to the concert. Often it is the live performance that makes people fans of the classics.
Music adorns life. Try to listen and hear, and the understanding of music will come to you.