How to understand a cat?
Cats have been living with a man for many centuries, but there is a perception that we could not tame a cat. Over the course of a long time together, people gradually learned how to understand a cat. You can independently study the habits of your pet, or you can use the experience of humanity accumulated in the process of communication with cats.
How to understand the language of cats
- Cat's eyes can tell you a lot. Frightened cat looks with open eyes, such eyes can also signal that the cat is furious. In a contented cat, the eyes, on the contrary, are narrowed. The cats' gaze reveals hostility, “playing peepers” the cat shows you that it is not going to yield. Pupils also talk about the different mood of your pet, although their size is much more dependent on lighting. So the wide pupils talk about cat fright, or arousal, often while playing, or when the cat is watching something interesting, its pupils dilate.
- The cat's ears are very mobile. Often the cat moves his ears to better hear what is happening.So if the cat's ears are pricked up, it means that something interested her. However, with the help of pressed ears, the cat shows its readiness for battle.
- The tail serves the cat not only for balancing, but also shows us her mood. If the cat is wagging its tail hard, it means that it is annoyed. A bushy tail is a warning to enemies that a cat could be dangerous. However, a slight wagging of the tail can serve as a signal for an invitation to play.
- The sounds made by cats can be divided into showing positive emotions (purring) and negative (hissing, growling, snorting). Unlike dogs, the cat's mouth and teeth do not play a major role in a fight, so their hissing and exposure of teeth is used more to frighten them. Purring the cat can show its satisfaction, or a request to feed it as soon as possible, often the cat purrs, seeing that you fill her bowl with food, a favorite delicacy. With the help of meows, the cat attracts attention, reminds you of the arrival of the time of feeding or walking. In addition, cats and cats during the mating games meow strenuously.
- Language of the body. When a cat in a dangerous situation, she tries to appear more, arches her back,so to speak rears, wool fluffs. Often, during games, cats behave like on a hunt, crawling around. During estrus, cats rub against the floor and roll on it to attract males.
- Another important point is that the cats mark the territory, while they raise the tail and shake it with a tip. But besides this, the cat has odorous glands on the body, so they mark their master when rubbing against him, this is a sign that you are a member of a flock of cats.
Pay attention to how your pet behaves, it is better not to touch him, when he is in threatening positions, this can save you from unnecessary injuries. Remember, a cat is a once wild animal, and in anger it can be dangerous.
If your pet is a cat, then it will be useful for you to know: how to understand that the cat is pregnant. The easiest sign of a cat's pregnancy is the purchase of pink nipples, which makes them more noticeable. If you have not noticed a pregnancy at an early stage, then determine it by the enlarged abdomen (after the sixth week).
In addition, if the pregnancy is confirmed, you will have to give birth, and here the main thing to watch the cat, below are signs that will help you, how to understand that the cat is giving birth.
- A couple of days before delivery, colostrum begins to be released from the cat's breast.
- A few days before birth, the cat appears vaginal discharge.
- The behavior of the cat is changing - she is looking for a nest in anticipation of childbirth.