How to turn on the camera in Skype?
During a video call on Skype, you can turn the camera on and off at will. First you need to configure your camera and make sure that it works. You can read more about this in the article How to set up a webcam in Skype.
And how to turn on the camera in Skype and disable it, you will learn from this brief instruction.
Instructions: how to enable and disable the camera
- If you are calling, then for a dialogue with the camera on, press the Video Call button. In this case, the call will begin with the transfer of your video image.
- If they call you, then when answering, select the "Answer from video" button. Then at the beginning of the dialogue the interlocutor will also broadcast the image from your webcam.
- If you do not want to start a call immediately with a video image, then when you call, choose the “Call” button, and when you answer the call - “Answer”. In these cases, during the dialogue the interlocutor will see only your avatar.
- To activate the webcam during a normal call, you need to click on the icon with the crossed-out camera in the main window.
- If you want to turn off the camera during a video call, then click on the icon with the image of the camera. The icon will change to the crossed-out camera image, and the video from your webcam will stop broadcasting.
Camera auto power on settings
You can also adjust the security settings associated with automatically turning on the camera during a video call. To do this, follow these steps.
- Go to the main menu item of Skype Tools - "Settings".
- In the opened window on the left side, find the item “Security” - “Security Settings”.
- In the section “Automatically receive video and display the screen” activate the item “From no one”.
Now you can choose call options with or without video. And how to turn off the camera in Skype or turn it on only at the right time for yourself, you already know.