How to Take a Job Instead of Annual Leave
You've been looking forward to that vacation break all year. But the budget's tight and the money for travel just isn't there. Stay at home and you'll go spare. One solution might just be taking on a temporary job for the vacation. It's not permanent, it's different and so it's as good as a break from your usual work, and you'll meet new people.
Look for jobs that fit in with the short vacation time.It might be seasonal work, there might be a big event coming up that needs short-term staff or your second job might be happy to have you work full-time for a few weeks.
Try to find something different from your normal line of work.That way everything will be novel, interesting and you won't meet the same people you might if you did something similar to your job.
Look for something less onerous than your usual job.After all, it's annual leave and you don't want to return to work exhausted. Look for work that won't tax the brain too much, does not involve large amounts of training and is so easy that almost anyone could know how to do it with just a few hours of training. Consider things like:
- Ushering people at sports games or big events.
- Retailing at a visiting fair, festival, or outdoors event.
- Selling craft items at local markets.
- Pet-sitting over major seasonal breaks when many people go away.
- Gardening for those who don't want to do it.
- Cleaning for hotels, guesthouses, commercial properties etc.
- Driving jobs
- Barista work, cafe serving etc.
- De-cluttering other people's houses (bonus is you can offer to take away junk and sell it online for more cash)
- Tour guiding (sometimes this requires a lot of knowledge but you might just have what it takes)
- Take on a bed and breakfast while its owners have a break
- Washing vehicles, boats, etc. by hand
- Child-minding or education.
Consider working as you travel.Seasonal work such as fruit-picking, produce sorting and tourist work can be a good break even solution to still having a trip away and getting some pay out of it. Naturally, this all depends on prior planning, prior arrangements being in place, and having adequate time to travel and work.
Don't wear yourself out.If you have a long break, clearly you can fit a lot of different things in, including a job for a bit. If you only have a short break, factor in how much time you need to just relax and whether a job will fit into this.
- Vacation time is a great opportunity to try online auctions and declutter at the same time. You will be able to work out if you can make extra money this way and what sort of things you like to sell, or even if you like selling this way or not.
Video: How to Make Interviewers See You as the Right “Fit” for the Job - 5 Tips
Fartlek Interval Training for Runners
Behind-the-Scenes of Kate Bosworth’s SK-II CampaignShoot
Common Workout Mistakes
Why Didnt Anyone Tell Me Divorce Would Suck This Much
How to Minimize the Risk of Arrhythmia
Is Thick Bowel a Sign of Colon Cancer
Oil Slick Hair: The Epic Rainbow Hair Technique
Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish, Oasis, 0.5 fl oz
RuPaul’s Drag Race is easily the best reality show on TV
Now Playing: GQ Men Of The Year Awards airs on Star World on Sunday, Oct 16
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe