How to start working?
For many, work is associated with many problems and questions: where to find a suitable job, how to work successfully, to build a career, how to make yourself work, if you don’t want to do it at all ... Today we will talk about how to start working, if you are a graduate vocational school or just an employee who is overpowered by laziness in the midst of the working process.
How to get started: tips for graduates
Finding a job of your dreams, where everything will be smooth and even, sometimes it is very difficult for people with solid experience, what can we say about young graduates! So what can be done to increase your chances of getting your first good job?
- It is no secret that most organizations require people with work experience, which many graduates lack. What to do? While there is still time, do not be lazy and be active. In the summer, look for a part-time job. Let you get a little, but the work experience will grow, and by the time of graduation you will already have experience. You can also take free internships and internships - all of this will play a positive role in finding a job in the future.If you did not do anything in your free time, then it will be more difficult. You may have to gain experience also as an assistant, working for a penny, but remember that this is temporary - real success never comes quickly. If there were practices in the learning process, then they can be specified in the resume, they can provide at least some experience.
- Competently make a resume. No need to take the first template from the Internet and make a summary of all-bloopers, if only quick. It should be clear and thoughtful, better on one sheet. The most important parts of a resume are professional experience, education, and professional qualities. Try as much as possible to reveal these points. Examine the information on the correct resume that professionals give. Resumes for different jobs may vary. A well-written resume and the right experience is 50% of what you get the job you want. The remaining 50% is your behavior at the interview, the way you present yourself. If possible, it will be very good to attach proofs of your successful activity to your resume - letters of recommendation, reviews, certificates, good examples of activities (for example, if you want to be a journalist, the best publications in the media).
- Make a list of possible vacancies that meet your requirements and a schedule in which you should clearly state when and for which interview you should go, where you should send your resume, etc. In your job search, use as many sources as possible: local media, friends, Internet , agencies, websites and emails of those companies where you would like to get to work. Call, send a resume, make an appointment, learn how to present yourself in conversation as a valuable future employee. The more active you are, the more likely you are to quickly find a good job.
- At the interview, you need to look tidy, be in a businesslike manner and find out the answers to all your questions about future work. Learn about the salary (how much, "white" or "black", as issued), work schedule, responsibilities, career opportunities, etc. Carefully read the employment contract that you are offered. Based on all the information received, you will form your opinion and see if the job you are looking for is suitable for you. You can ask for time to think and then call back and report the final decision.
- If you can not find a good job in the specialty, do not make of this tragedy. How to start working? Do not be afraid to temporarily get another job, especially if you need money. While working, you will receive money for life, and in your free time, without haste to look for a suitable profession.
- A very important point concerns your reputation. Now we live in the Internet era, almost everyone has a social network page. Many employers study the pages of potential employees and make up their own ideas about a person. Take care that nothing compromises you, remove information from your profile that could harm you. A reputation can be spoiled not only by your VK page, but also by any other negative information known to a wide circle of people. It's easier to avoid it: behave with dignity in society, be smart and far-sighted.
- And of course, it is important your behavior in the first days in the workplace. Be polite, affable, hardworking, do not gossip and do not disclose personal secrets. First you need to look at the working team to understand how to better behave in it.
These are basic tips on how to get started after university or college. The main condition is not to sit on the couch, but to search in all possible ways. Remember: he who seeks will always find!
How to start working: overcome laziness
The sun is shining outside the window, and so you want to go for a walk, or vice versa - a bitter cold and you want to wrap yourself in a blanket, curl up and fall asleep until spring. And if, moreover, I didn’t sleep, hungry, problems in my personal life or just apathy, I don’t want to work. But what to do, the law is one: I came to work - we need to work. How to start working, how to make yourself do it?
- You can be distracted by 10 minutes to cheer yourself up. Drink a fragrant cup of tea, read fresh jokes, listen to energetic music. You will cheer up, the mood will rise, and there will be forces for work.
- Often you don’t want to work when a person is faced with a big and difficult task. How to start working in this case? Make a detailed plan. Break the big task into several stages, and each stage into several smaller points. You will get a coherent scheme for your future work.Start from the very first item, by doing it, slowly move to the second. So, gradually getting involved in the work, you will do what is required of you.
- In the morning it is important to program yourself to work, then the whole day will be productive. As soon as you sit down at the computer, immediately start working, and not checking your email, your pages, etc. Such a beginning of the day will motivate you very well. Then you can take a short break, but it will not reduce your productivity.
- Do not allow yourself to be distracted from work. When something once again tries to distract you, immediately remind yourself that you should definitely return to work.
- At the peak of tension at work, when it seems that already at the limit and the desire to work falls, it is useful to distract, but so as not to sit at the computer. Get away from the monitor, walk around the office or take a little walk, chat with colleagues, stand by the window. In a few minutes you will be able to return to the computer and continue working.
- Motivate yourself with gingerbread. Promise yourself something nice in return for a job well done. For example, if you work hard all day, in the evening, allow yourself to go to the movies for an interesting movie and relax.
- Another tip: before you begin the difficult work, sit back in a chair, close your eyes and imagine that you have already done it, and in the best possible way. After that, you want to quickly achieve the desired result.
Here's how to get started and stop being lazy in the workplace! Choose any suitable method and act. If you are lazy because of illness or severe fatigue, in order to avoid health problems you need to go on sick leave or on vacation.