How to sew a veil?
Watch the video
Choose a veil, in accordance with the dress, quite difficult. You can make it yourself. This will significantly save money and realize their design ideas. In studying how to do a wedding veil with your own hands, video is the best assistant. But the article offered to your attention will be a great addition to it. We will consider in detail all the details of sewing.
Wedding veil do it yourself
- Considering how to make a veil with your own hands, you need to start with the preparation of all necessary. These are: tulle, tulle, organza, threads, needles for handicrafts, and for a sewing machine, scissors, a sewing machine, various hairpins for fasteners, as well as all kinds of accessories for decorating the veil (ribbons, rhinestones, beads, beads, lace).
- Sew a veil with your own hands is a snap. A little patience and accuracy, and everything will work out. You must immediately decide how to sew a veil, its appearance. There are several lengths: shoulder length, elbow length and fingertips. And the veil with a train also looks beautiful (about 2 meters.)
- It is important to decide what it should be in terms of density. There are lightweight models - in a single layer, very invisible and enveloping the bride's face with a light haze. You can sew fluffy, in several layers and tiers, if you want the veil to cover your back and shoulders.
- In advance you need to decide what will be handled the edge of the veil. There may be several options and each is good in its own way: various laces, satin beyka, rhinestones or pearls, fixed on a special ribbon. In general, the design of veils and dresses should match the finish.
- Then you need to make a sketch on paper and begin cutting the fabric. As a pattern, you can use an oval, as well as a square or rectangle, the corners of which, when cut, as much as possible rounded.
- The width of the veil is determined by the desired thickness of the assembly. Height is measured from head to shoulder, elbow, fingertip. The result is multiplied by 2.
- It is most convenient to work on the floor or table, if the size of the pattern allows. First you need to round the corners of a rectangle or square. For this, the fabric folds in four, aligning the corners and fixing them. Cut a rounded corner is necessary at the same time on all four layers. Only in this case, you get a rectangle with perfectly rounded corners.
- After that, the veil is shaped: the fabric folds across or above the center line. The final length can be determined by trying on and attaching to the head. The extra length needs to be cut, again rounding the corners.
- After fitting the assembly begins veils. If the model of the veil was conceived in a very gathered and lush, then the assembly is carried out across the entire width of the fabric. If the veil is not very wide, it is enough to comb the central part of the fabric. The gathered veil is fastened on a hairpin, comb or rim. After that there is a fitting and begins the design of the lower cut, as well as the decoration of the finished product.
Now you know everything about how to sew a veil, video information on this topic will also be extremely useful to you. The quality of the work done will depend on the accuracy of performance, thoroughness and diligence. And also from your chosen materials and accessories.