How to salt caviar of pink salmon at home is tasty and fast
How to salt caviar of pink salmon at home is tasty and fast? Simple enough. It will be necessary to learn the general technology of salting, a few tricks and important points, which I will discuss in the article.
Pink salmon caviar is a popular delicacy of a light orange color and an excellent decoration for a festive table. The product is obtained from fish of the salmon family. Caviar is rich in useful substances and minerals, round-shaped and medium-sized grains.
Homemade caviar of pink salmon turns out to be nutritious, wholesome and tasty. A great alternative to the expensive counterpart from the store. The product will be an excellent addition to various snacks, sandwiches, profiteroles, tartlets, salad dressing (with salmon and butter, puff of seafood, Russian salad with chicken fillet and shrimps), filling for pancakes.
Before we reveal the secrets of salting at home, let's talk about the nutritional value of fish delicacy,beneficial properties for the human body, touch on the topic of cleaning red caviar from yastika (film).
The product is rich in animal protein (31 g per 100 g) and healthy fish oil (about 12 g per 100 g).The caloric value of this granular roe of pink salmon is 230 kcal / 100 g.For comparison: artificial caviar is less nutritious. The caloric value of 100 g of the imitation product is 64 kcal. Squirrel only 1 year
The product derived from salmon fish breed has a huge amount of nutrients, including:
- sodium and others
Pink salmon roe is rich in retinol and unsaturated fatty acid Omega-3, it contains vitamins B, D and E. Vitamin A is a vital element for healthy hair and skin, the proper course of metabolic processes in the body and the stability of immunity. Omega-3 is a defender of the heart and blood vessels, strengthens bone tissue and joints, contributes to the proper functioning of the nervous system.
How to clean the caviar of pink salmon from the film at home?
Yastyk - thin, but durable shell, inside which are eggs. Caviar, cleared from the bag-shell before salting, is considered the most qualitative, aristocratic looks, tasty and does not bitter.
There are the following ways to rid the grain of the film:
I take 1 liter of clean filtered water, pour it into a saucepan and add 30 g of salt. I bring to a boil. I leave to cool to 40-50 ° C. The salmon caviar in the jar is lowered into the pan. Gently and slowly stir the whisk to knock. As the film rotates, it wraps around the whisk. Delete if necessary. After the eggs are separated from the yastik, I drain the brine through a colander. The remaining parts of the film are removed manually.
Fast manual way
Yastyk divided into several parts (no more than 6). Each piece slowly and gently knead. I do not make great efforts not to accidentally crush the seeds. When properly kneaded eggs without problems will separate from the films.
HELPFUL ADVICE! The cleaning method is effective for ripe caviar. The film in this case departs simply and quickly. If the product is not ripe, the method is ineffective.
Using a sieve and fork
In a saucepan with hot water (50-60 ° C), I lower the sieve with uncleaned eggs. Within 5-10 seconds I actively stir, gently picking up with a fork. The film is wound on the cutlery, and the grains remain at the bottom of the sieve.
HELPFUL ADVICE! Do not overdo caviar of pink salmon in hot water! This will cause the eggs to harden.
With the use of salt water and boiling water
Pour the eggs with salt water at room temperature (I take 3 tablespoons of salt for 1 liter). Leave for 2 hours. I shift in a colander. I doused with hot water. The film will curdle instantly. Carefully remove the yastyk and get peeled seeds.
Thanks to the colander
I divide yastyk into several parts. I put it in a colander with medium-sized holes. Pour a small amount of boiling water. I let the water drain. Quickly I shake the colander, so that the cleared pink salmon eggs fall through the holes. The film will remain in the kitchen utensils.
With a mixer
An effective way to clean large quantities of caviar in a short time. There is one important note: be careful not to damage the eggs.
Spread caviar in a bowl. Add water, rinse thoroughly. I take a mixer (nozzle - a whisk). Turn on the average power and lowered into a large tank. When gently stirring, part of the junction will separate, the other will wind on the nozzle. Turn off the mixer. The remnants of the film are removed manually. The eggs are carefully removed from the pelvis.
What if the integrity of the dam is broken?
If you caught fish caviar with a damaged film, you must perform the following actions:
- Prepare a special solution (for 1 liter of water take a tablespoon of salt with a slide).
- Rinse with salted water.
- Carefully remove the broken seeds without touching the whole. Upon contact with the solution, the damaged eggs acquire a distinct white color.
- Spread yastyk, extract whole grains, passing through a colander or grate.
The classic salmon roe salting recipe
Standard salting technology involves the preparation of a simple brine based on 3 components: water, salt and sugar.
- Water - 1 l;
- Salt (stone) - 2 large spoons;
- Sugar - 1 tsp;
- Caviar - 400 g.
- I take a deep pan. I pour water, pour sugar, add salt.
- I put the tank on the stove. I bring the brine to a boil, gently stir. Removed from the hob. Leave to cool to a temperature of 40-50 ° C.
- I shift the previously peeled eggs into a saucepan. Salting for 15 minutes to get a fresh-salted product. If you prefer a more salty taste, hold another 30 minutes.
- Gently drain the brine.
The easiest and fastest recipe
Ikorka, made according to an express recipe, will be ready in 5 hours. Shelf life - 2 days. Eat for health!
- Caviar - 500 g;
- Sugar - 1 small spoon;
- Salt - 2 teaspoons.
- Gently peel the pink salmon from film. Spread on a large plate.
- I put salt and sugar. Very carefully and slowly stirred, without violating the integrity of the grains.
- I close the plate, pressing on top with additional weight. I use a mug of water.
- After 5-hour salting, caviar is ready for use.
Salting with vegetable oil for sandwiches
- Red salmon roe - 100 g;
- Sugar - 5 g;
- Salt - 5 g;
- Vegetable oil - half a teaspoon.
- From the pink salmon extract caviar. After the successful procedure of separating the films, I transfer it to a sieve. I wash under the minimum pressure of cold water. Due to rinsing part of the eggs will brighten. Do not worry, at the end of cooking the seeds will acquire the original shade.
- Washed and cleaned grain shift in the jar.
- I add sugar, salt and half a small spoon of vegetable oil.I close the jar with a lid and send it in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
- In the morning I use a homemade product to spread on bread and get delicious and nutritious sandwiches with butter.
How to salt caviar royally with cream and onions
- Caviar - 200 g;
- Onions - 1 small head;
- Fresh cream (medium fat, 20%) - 25 g;
- Coarse salt - 1 teaspoon;
- Ground pepper - to taste.
- Carefully wash the eggs and remove the film. Shifts in deep dishes.
- Finely chop the onion. Sending to the grains.
- I sprinkle with salt and ground pepper. Gently rub the spices in the pink salmon caviar.
- Slowly and evenly pour cream over the top. I stir with a spoon, without damaging the seeds.
- At the end add salt.
- I cover the dishes with a lid. Leaving for an hour. I spread in a jar.
HELPFUL ADVICE! Food will be a great addition to sandwiches. Sprinkle the finished snack with a fish delicacy with a small amount of sunflower oil and vinegar.
How to pickle pink salmon roe for long-term storage
- Water - 3 l;
- Caviar - 1 kg;
- Salt - 1 kg;
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons.
- I'm preparing a pickle. I take a large pot.Pour water and put on the stove. Add salt before boiling.
- The ratio is 3 to 1. I bring to a boil. I remove from the stove and leave to cool.
- Spread caviar in brine. Depending on the degree of salinity leave for 10-25 minutes.
- Drain the water using a plastic sieve. Don't shake badly so as not to hurt. I wait for the water to drain.
- Putting caviar on paper towels. Leave for a few hours to dry.
- I grease the salted dish with vegetable oil. I send in banks. From above I cover with oiled paper (special cooking or I make it from a standard blank A4 sheet). I close the lids.
Delicious homemade caviar for long-term storage in the refrigerator is ready!
Express salting with lemon juice and herbs
- Caviar - 500 g;
- Salt - 1 tablespoon;
- Vegetable oil - 100 g;
- Lemon - 1 thing;
- Ground white pepper - half a teaspoon;
- Greens - to taste.
- I spread the cleaned caviar in a large plate.
- I sprinkle salt and pepper. Pour oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Cover with a lid on top and send in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Serving delicious delicacy, sprinkled with fresh chopped greens on top.
White pepper, in contrast to black, has a delicate taste and delicate aroma. It is found in solid form (peas) and powder (hammer). In the absence of white pepper or a desire to experiment, replace with ordinary black.
How to salt caviar trout at home
Salting caviar of trout and pink salmon is almost identical. Standard saline or dry can be used. Eggs must be cleaned beforehand.
I propose a salting recipe based on artificial brine (salt solution) with sea salt.
- Water - 1 l;
- Sea salt - 50 g;
- Sugar - 100 g;
- Trout roe - 400 g
- Cooking brine from water, sugar and sea salt. I bring to a boil and leave to cool.
- Enumerated and peeled trout eggs are transferred to a saline solution at room temperature.
- Keep in water for 15 minutes.
- I drain the brine using a strainer. I shift it in the dishes and send to the refrigerator for 3 hours, tightly closing the lid.
Homemade caviar of pink salmon is a healthy and tasty product. To preserve the taste and useful properties, observe the storage rules.
- Caviar is best placed in glass jars.Do not store household product in metal containers or plastic containers. The taste will spoil.
- Do not freeze. In the process of freezing, salmon roe will lose its taste and most of the nutrients.
- The optimal storage temperature for fish delicacy is between -2 ° C and -6 ° C.
- Storage time for standard salting - no more than 2 days.
Cook the salmon caviar at home using one of your favorite recipes. The product will be useful and more natural in contrast to store counterparts. In addition, the cost of exquisite food, salted skillful hostess, get lower.