How to reset settings on Samsung Galaxy?
Samsung has released many different smartphones, among which the Galaxy line is the most advanced. It includes a wide range of devices: from the most cost-effective “smart phones” to premium class flagships. All of them function under the control of the Android operating system of various versions using the proprietary shell (the program that is responsible for displaying the interface) TouchWiz.
There are several ways to reset the settings on Samsung Galaxy smartphones: through the manufacturer's software on the device turned on or using the system “Recovery”.
Important! Before performing a reset, be sure to back up your data so as not to lose important information, and also remove the memory card and SIM card.
How to reset the settings on the Samsung Galaxy, if it is enabled?
In order to clear user settings and data on the unlocked device:
- Click the "Menu" button on the desktop;
- Select the “Settings” section and open it;
- In it, find the section "Privacy" and go to it;
- Click "Reset to factory settings";
- Now select “Reset phone settings”;
- Confirm your actions by clicking the "Erase All" button.
After that, the smartphone will reboot, and at startup it will ask for the initial setup.
Reset Samsung smartphone via “Recovery”
This method is useful if the device is locked with a graphic key or a password that you have forgotten.
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Simultaneously press the “Volume +”, “Home” and “Power” buttons;
- When the first inscription appears, release the buttons;
- Press the "Volume -" button to select "wipe data / factory reset";
- Click the Home button;
- Confirm the reset by selecting “Yes” in the dialog box that appears.
After rebooting, the smartphone will return to the factory state.