How to remove ICQ?
The ICQ toolbar can clutter up your interface and slow down your browser.
- Sometimes the ICQ toolbar can be difficult to remove because it does not always appear in your Add / Remove Programs folder. If you can’t figure out how to remove ICQ through Programs and Features, you may have to remove it from your Internet browser.
- Locate and click the "Start" button and then "Control Panel" to start the uninstall process.
- Click “Programs and components” in the control panel and go to the “ICQ Toolbar”. If you do not see it in the list, the ICQ toolbar should be manually removed from the Internet browser.
- On the desktop, find and click the "Start" and "Find" type "Regedit" in the search field and press "Enter".
- Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft find \ ICQ \ delete it. If you delete in the browser, find \ Internet Explorer (or your browser) \ MenuExt", and delete any traces of ICQ if you use Internet Explorer.
If you have a question about how to delete an account in icq, everything is quite simple. Go to, enter your number, or email with a password and click "enter". After that click "delete". All users that you have had will have an empty entry.