How to remove a nail at home?
Watch the video
No matter how much you like your artificially enlarged nails, anyway over time they will lose their former glory, and you will inevitably have to say goodbye to them.
Is it possible to get rid of them on their own without resorting to the services of a nail salon? Of course you can!
How to remove the accrued nail
First of all, you need to remember what your artificial nails are made of - acrylic or gel, because the way they are removed depends primarily on what material they are made of.
How to remove acrylic nails at home
Before starting work, prepare the following materials and tools:
- acrylic solvent bottle (nail polish remover or technical acetone);
- Manicure set, in which there are tweezers, spatulas and nail files (nail files may require two - one is coarse-grained, the other is smaller);
- packaging of cotton balls or discs;
- kitchen foil roll.
- Tweezers trim the loose tips of artificial nails.
- Using a coarse-grained file, wipe off the finish of the nail, which is very durable and slippery.
- After you finish the entire finishing gel, designed to protect the acrylic from damage, proceed to the softening of acrylic on the fingers of one hand. Put a cotton ball or half of a cotton pad thickly saturated with solvent on each nail, wrap a finger up to the first phalanx with a piece of foil and twist the tips of the foil like a candy wrapper for candy. Foil is needed so that the solvent does not evaporate.
- Approximately in half an hour alternately remove foil from each finger and remove the softened layer of acrylic from the nails. Scrape the acrylic with a manicure spatula and wash it with a swab soaked in solvent.
- In the same way, remove acrylic nails from the fingers of the second hand.
How to remove gel nails at home
The gel, from which make artificial nails, does not dissolve any household solvent. Therefore, it can be removed from living nails only mechanically. Grind gel nails layer by layer, first use a very tough, coarse-grained nail file, then a smaller and softer one.