How to Quit Smoking With Cream of Tartar
Quitting smoking can be tough, but it’s worth the effort. If you’re looking for a natural way to give up cigarettes, try drinking a preparation made from cream of tartar every night before bed.
Gather your Ingredients
Purchase cream of tartar.You will be required to use 1 tsp. (4.92 milliliters) of cream of tartar daily for between 7 and 21 days until the nicotine is flushed from your body.
- You can purchase cream of tartar in as little as 1.5 oz. (42.52 g) jars, which equates to 9 tsp. (44.36 milliliters). If you think you may need more than 9 days to quit smoking, you may want to purchase a larger container of cream of tartar.
- Buy cream of tartar in its most natural form. Organic or natural cream of tartar will be the healthiest options to help you quit smoking, as some manufacturers may add chemicals such as preservatives to cream of tartar.
Purchase orange juice.You will be required to mix the tartar sauce with 8 oz. (226.79 g) of orange juice on a daily basis for the duration of your treatment.
- Buy organic or all-natural orange juice that is not made from concentrate. Concentrated orange juice or processed orange juice will not contain the amount of nutrients your body needs during the natural detoxification process.
- You may need to return to your local grocery store more than once during your treatment to replenish your supply of fresh orange juice.
Prepare and Ingest the Cream of Tartar
Measure the proper dosage of cream of tartar.
- Use a measuring teaspoon to extract 1 tsp. (4.92 milliliters) of the cream of tartar powder from the jar.
- Use a utensil, such as a butter knife, to level out the dosage by scraping the excess cream of tartar powder from the measuring spoon back into the jar.
Empty the measuring spoon of cream of tartar into a drinking glass.
- Use a drinking glass that will hold at least 8 oz. (226.79 g) of liquid.
- You may add a few drops of warm water to the cream of tartar powder before adding the orange juice to help the powder dissolve.
Mix the cream of tartar with the orange juice.
- Pour 8 oz. (226.79 g) of orange juice into the glass over the powder and mix using a large spoon.
Drink the cream of tartar and orange juice mixture nightly before going to bed.Drinking the mixture before bedtime will help your body detoxify more efficiently since your metabolism is slower while you sleep.
- Continue to drink the cream of tartar and orange juice mixture until you no longer crave nicotine. The treatment may take between 7 and 21 days depending on the amount of nicotine you smoked previously on a daily basis.
QuestionCan I drink it more than once a day?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCream of tartar has a high potassium level. I would not recommend drinking it more than once a day because too high potassium serum levels (hyperkalemia) can effect your heart.Thanks!
QuestionDoes it have to be pure orange juice, or will concentrate still do the job if that's all I have?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt will work, but it will take longer. The OJ is a pure source of vitamin C; when mixed with cream of tartar, it intensifies the benefits of Vitamin C cleaning out your system.Thanks!
QuestionCan I use Sunny D in place of orange juice as it is much lower in sugar?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, Sunny D is a processed OJ, almost to the point that it doesn't even contain orange juice anymore.Thanks!
QuestionHow often can I take this concoction?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDrink it once a day.Thanks!
QuestionWhere can I buy cream of tartar?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou should be able to find it with the jarred spices at your local grocery store, if you don't see it ask your grocer. The bottle tends to be smaller than the average spice bottle, so it may be harder to spot.Thanks!
QuestionI take potassium by pill every day. Can I still use this without consuming too much potassium?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerI would not do this until you talk to your doctor. Cream of tartar is very high in potassium and taking this elixir along with a concentrated K pill could have serious side effects.Thanks!
QuestionIf I haven't smoked in 8 years, can I still benefit from doing the elixir?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, it is a detoxification, it could be used for more then just cleaning out nicotine.Thanks!
QuestionShould someone stop smoking immediately or gradually?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerQuitting smoking immediately is both dangerous and hard to do. As you become addicted to Nicotine, you become physically dependent on it; stopping suddenly can cause symptoms of withdrawal, such as shakes, flu-like symptoms, headaches, back pains, concentration and sleep issues and lowered mental function. Quitting gradually allows for the body to adjust to the lower amounts of nicotine being induced to the body and minimizes the withdrawal symptoms.Thanks!
QuestionIs orange juice good for high blood sugar, with cream of tartar?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. Juices are high in sugar. If you are diabetic or take insulin, do not use this remedy without talking with your doctor or registered dietitian.Thanks!
QuestionDose baking soda with warm water do the same thing as cream of tartar?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAbsolutely not. Baking soda and cream of tartar are 2 different things with different ingredients.Thanks!
Can I use cream of tartar to quit smoking gradually instead of all at once?
Can I use EmergenC as a replacement for OJ?
Is it best to make daily or can it be made by the gallon?
I consume 2 bananas a day in a smoothie, would this be dangerous with this mixture?
Can I drink this mixture on a daily basis, or only for 21 days?
- Although 1 tsp. (4.92 milliliters) of cream of tartar is recommended on a daily basis, you may increase or decrease your daily dose by one-half of a tsp. (2.46 milliliters). Consult with a holistic health professional or your health care provider to determine the healthiest dosage for you.
Things You'll Need
1.5 oz. (42.52 g) cream of tartar
72 oz. (2.13 liters) orange juice
8 oz. (226.79 g) drinking glass
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Русский: , Italiano: , Português: , Deutsch: , Nederlands: , Français: , العربية: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Jun 30, 2019
May 31, 2019
Aug 12, 2019
Frederick Armstrong Jr.
Jul 27, 2019
Aug 12, 2019
Dec 8, 2019
Nov 24, 2019
Oct 27, 2019
Aug 7, 2019
Feb 8, 2019
Mar 8, 2019
May 14, 2019
Nov 9, 2019
Mar 22, 2019
Aug 25, 2019
Jun 15, 2019
Aug 18, 2019
May 12, 2019
Aug 15, 2019
Video: Day #2 of quitting smoking with cream of tartar.
How to Cope with Having a Younger Boss
Road To Beauty: Portraits Of Real Brazilian Women
How to Turn a T-Shirt Into a Tank Top
This Mom Announced Her Second Pregnancy In the Most Hilarious Way
Missguided Discount Codes 2019
My Minute-by-Minute Interval Workout
Porsche Presents The Essential Classic Car Care Kit
Michelle Phan’s Insane Morning Routine Will Make You Feel Like aSlacker
Ankylosing Spondylitis and Your Heart Disease Risk
Mango January 2013 Lookbook
How to Make a Herbal Sleep Aid