How to Make a Show Car
Buy a Car.Preferably one that does not already require a large amount of work. You don't want to spend all of your time & money on repairing a car.
Search the internet to get ideas on how to modify your specific car model.Other people may have done to the same vehicle you bought. If it's a popular make, there should be a few show-cars/modified versions. If it's not a common vehicle, then you may need to come up with your own ideas.
Modify your car.These are not cheap unless you can do it yourself. Some of these modifications are ideal to leave for the pros to do, they include:
- BODY KITS.
- You can buy these pre-made or have one custom made.
- Although airbrushing & graphics can be cool, it can be overdone. Try to avoid going over the top, a nice two-tone paint or a nice glossy one colour can score big points.
- BODY extras.
- Mods such as, rolling the guards, adding wings/spoilers, aftermarket side mirrors & lights, just look for nice things that you can add to the body of the car. If you have a common make, there will be a lot out there.
- Trimming seats/dash/pillars/floors/roof etc can score big points. Adding some colour like painting small plastic bits to suit the exterior colour can be good sometimes.
- Look for other aftermarket parts like pedals, shift-knob, steering wheel, and just anything else that is not factory. These items usually very simple to install yourself.
- Adding lighting can be good, but try to make it hidden so people only see the Glow, there is nothing worse than having a bright light in your face.
- Gauges are only cool if they have a purpose. E.g Boost gauges for TURBO cars only. I.C.E (In Car Entertainment - TV screens, speakers, cd player, DVD players, PS3 or Xbox, custom installs, subwoofers, amps, etc etc. All of these items installed properly and customized, can get you big points! Try to keep it all one brand and try not to get too mixed up.
- The mods you can do will depend on what kind of car you have, and how fast you want it to go. Best to do some major research. See what can be done. Maybe go to some performance car workshops & see what they purpose. The main things that are done to show cars are turbo setups or superchargers, custom air intake, custom exhaust system & upgraded parts depending what mods you do.
- Adding some colour & polishing metal parts can also score big on engines & engine bays. Try to make it look "bling" and people will love it.
- WHEELS & SUSPENSION & BRAKES.
- Massive wheels on a small car and vice versa can look ridiculous. Try the wheels on before buying, try a few sets and pick your favorite.
- Suspension & Brakes should be based on what engine mods you have done. You want to go fast, then you have to be able to stop & you want the car to handle good.
- BODY KITS.
Make sure what you plan on doing is legal.Some places have banned certain modifications to save getting in trouble with the police, stick to the Law! Most shops can help you with that.
Once the car is finished, take it to your local Car show & start winning those trophies!You may not win any, it depends on how extreme you go but at least you've got a PHAT RIDE! If you do not want to go to shows, at least you can show it off while cruising & picking up chicks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If doing work on the car yourself, make sure you know how to use the tools you will be using.
- Street racing is illegal. If you kill or injure someone, you will face time in jail or prison. Fast cars are awesome, but leave it for the tracks.
- Make sure you do research & make sure what you want to do, can be done to your car. Everything costs money. So always put extra aside as a problem may arise.
- Don't cut corners. There's nothing worse than rushing a job, missing a few details & little down the track it turns to crap. If it's too hard or technical, get it done professionally.
Video: 7 Steps to Build A Successful SEMA Show Car - Road 2 SEMA Presented by CTEK
Deep-Trout Fish Cakes with Lemon Butter and Chive Sauce Recipe
Fistulas: The Common Crohn’s Side Effect You Should Be Aware Of
The 5 Spring Beauty Trends Men Love Most
11 Gift Sets With Enough Lipstick in Them to Last the Entire Year
How to Massage a Dog
A Comprehensive Guide to Kefir: Definition, How It’s Made, Benefits, and More
6 Ways To Nail The No Makeup Makeup Look
The One Type of Food the Royal Family Will NEVER Order When Eating Out
Health Benefits of Weight Training
Is Your Love Life Confusing AF Right Now Blame Venus in Retrograde
7 Types of flu you must know about
Menopausal Symptom Relief: How Real Women Deal
Date: 03.12.2018, 14:56 / Views: 83594