How to make a glowing liquid?
Watch the video
If you want to make a glowing liquid with your own hands, look at the options presented in our article and choose the method that is most suitable for you. The manufacturing process is quite simple and very entertaining.
There are several options for creating a glowing liquid, consider some of them.
The easiest way is to make a glowing liquid out of available tools, and it will be useful to you:
- Sparkling water - 250 ml (you can take water green or red);
- Soda - one tsp;
- Hydrogen peroxide 3% - three tsp;
Creating a luminous liquid in this case goes through several stages:
- Pour the soda in sparkling water and stir the resulting mixture;
- If you chose colorless sparkling water, add a dye and mix;
- Then pour in hydrogen peroxide and shake well.
- Our luminous water is ready.
Difficult option 1
Making a luminous liquid in this way involves the use of chemical reagents, so you must use gloves. You should also purchase the following components:
- Luminol - 2-3 grams;
- Hydrogen peroxide 3% - 80 ml;
- Water - 100 ml;
- Copper sulfate - 3 grams;
- A solution of caustic soda - 10 ml;
- Dyes - brilliant green, potassium permanganate;
- Various glass containers.
Having prepared everything you need, you can start creating a magical fluid:
- Fill the flask with water and add luminol. Remember that luminol is the main component of our invention, so without it the desired effect will not happen.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- We add hydrogen peroxide to our solution.
- Next, fall asleep copper sulphate.
- At the very end, add a solution of caustic soda to the flask.
- Slightly mix and can turn off the light. Now enjoy the blue light emanating from our bulb.
If you do not like the blue shine, replace it with a different color shine using a variety of dyes.
Difficult option 2
For the manufacture of liquids must prepare
- luminol - 0.15 g;
- dry alkali (KOH) - 35 g;
- dimethyl sulfoxide - 30 ml;
- flask with a stopper of 500 ml;
- fluorescent dye.
Now we proceed to our experiment:
- Mix luminol, dry alkali and dimethyl sulfoxide.
- Then mix everything thoroughly.
As a result, your fluid will emit a blue glow. Color changes with a variety of dyes.
After the work is completed, remove all the flasks with chemicals in a secluded place and thoroughly wash out all the containers in which the luminous liquid was made. It should be noted that it is not necessary to involve children in the creation of luminous water, as this can be dangerous.