How to Listen to Music in Class
The class can sometimes be boring. And study periods can be even worse, especially if you learn best when you listen to music while studying. You can listen to music in class, but you have to be smart about it if you want to avoid detention. Here are some tips to help you.
Use a small music player.While CD players are bulky and difficult to conceal, your smartphone or an iPod can be nearly invisible.
Buy earbuds that are about the same colour as your hair.Black earbuds are hard to see on people who have dark hair, and white ones are great for those with lighter-coloured hair.
Be prepared beforehand.Test your music player's volume and set up your headphones before you go into the classroom. Move the earphones about a foot away from your ears, and if you can still hear the music, it is too loud. Also, you want to keep it on the quiet side so if the teacher says something to you, you'll hear her\him
Conceal your headphones.The savvy listener knows a couple ways to hide the cord and headphones for the best camouflage.
- Run the cord through your shirt or shirt sleeve, and out your collar. Put an earbud into the ear that is facing away from the teacher and conceal it with your hair or a hoodie.
- If you don't have long hair, turn the earbud upside down and wrap the cord behind your ear.
- Run the headphones up your sleeve. Keep them in your sleeve, and not in your ear. Then, simply put the sleeve up to your ear and lean on that arm.
- Use a cordless Bluetooth headset. If your music player supports Bluetooth, these headphones can be very small and easily hidden under your hair.
Act casually.If you are asked a question, pause the music and answer the question as best you can.
Sit toward the back of the classroom and away from people who might make a scene.
Avoid singing along or dancing.This is a dead giveaway every time!
If you are working on a laptop or computer that involves saving things to bring it home and allows you to use headphones, save music onto your USB port from your computer and you can listen to music from there.
- Know just by touch where all the buttons on your player are located. That way, you won't have to continually look down to adjust it.
- Silent reading, silent work time, or some other work period where the teacher is not involved is best.
- An iPod Shuffle is very easy to conceal. Just clip it to your belt or pocket. An iPod Nano can even be worn (and look like) a watch.
- Make sure when you listen to music, the song cannot be heard aloud and you can put the wire in your shirt.
- The chances of this working will increase if the lights are turned off.
- Put the earbud cord through your sleeve and put the earbud on the chosen hand and rest your head on the hand whilst the earphone is in your ear.
- You can put the earphone in one ear and then cover your ear. If you get a headache while doing that, make sure the cord is not visible so you can put it under your shirt.
- Don't use a music player that speaks, or beeps loudly when the battery is low.
- Build up a reputation for being nice and quiet so the teacher won't be suspicious of you.
- Don't listen to music during band or choir it can mess you up on what you are trying to play or sing.
- Never stand up while the headphones are still running through your shirt; they could fall down and then you will get in trouble.
- If you are outside for something like marching band practice, wear a beanie, put your music player in your back pocket, then run the cord up the back of your shirt and into the inside of your beanie or hat.
- If you get caught, you will probably get your music player confiscated.
- You may miss valuable information that you need for homework or a quiz, and your grade in that class could suffer.
Things You'll Need
Digital music player
A good long sleeve hoodie or shirt
In other languages:
Español: , Français: , Deutsch: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: 5 Ways To Listen To Music in Class and NOT GET CAUGHT
Game of Thrones’s Kit Harington and Rose Leslie are engaged
How to Juice a Softball Bat
Fartlek Interval Training for Runners
How to Prepare for a Kidney Biopsy
Glossiers New Mascara Is Here, and Its the Least Clumpy Weve Ever Tried
How to Keep a Goal Journal
From Rundown 1880s Farmhouse to Renovated Modern Masterpiece
Salvatore Ferragamo SS14
The Bottom Line On All That Contradicting Health Advice You Hear
7. The iPhone XR has a noticeably better camera than a phone like the iPhone 6