How to install the battery?
When replacing heating radiators in a residential area, you should be worried about at least two questions, the first is how to install batteries in your home, and the second one regarding installation, that is, the installation of the radiators themselves - how to install the heating battery correctly? To perform the task it is best to contact the experts. Maintenance of the heating system and installation of heating devices requires highly qualified specialists. Therefore, it is better to entrust the process of installation of heating radiators to specialists who know how to choose and correctly install the batteries.
It will not be superfluous for yourself, armed with some knowledge in order to have a general idea about installing batteries, you can also control the process of installing new batteries. You have every right to monitor the work of hired professionals. To do this, you do not need to go into all the details of this process (how to install the heating battery), it is enough to know some key points that must be fulfilled by the contractor.
- First, the institution, the organization, whose employees you hire, must have a license to carry out the installation of heating appliances. In cases where a license is refused to be presented, you had better go to another organization.
- Second, pay attention to whether installers have all the tools with them. For the installation of heating radiators you will need the following set of tools: a wrench for plastic pipes, a step wrench for working with detachable connections, a gas wrench, an adjustable wrench, if the supply pipes are copper, you need a gas burner and a special solder.
- Thirdly, when installing a radiator you will not be disturbed by the level; with its help, you will be able to control whether the battery is installed evenly. First you need to check the location of the brackets, and after they mount the heating radiator, you should check the horizontal position of the brackets.
- Fourth, a small nuance that you need to know - before installing the radiator, you should not remove the protective film from it that protects the device from damage and contamination during installation.The film is removed only after all the finishing work around the battery. It should be recalled that high prices for steel heating radiators are due, including their high aesthetic and decorative qualities. Therefore, it would be a pity to spoil the "exterior" of the radiator even before its operation begins.
- Fifthly, before connecting the heating radiator, it should be checked that all threaded connections are securely sealed in the heating system, otherwise it will leak. As a rule, a specialized sealant, flax hemp or FUM tape is used as a sealing material.
- Sixthly, special attention should be paid to the distance between the battery, the floor, the wall and the window sill. The minimum distance from the wall should be at least 3 cm, from the floor or window sill - 10 cm.
From how the battery is installed, will depend on the term of its further operation. At non-observance of elementary rules of installation and operation even the most expensive heating devices quickly fail. As they say: “trust, but check,” so do not hesitate and do not be lazy to carefully follow the installation process of the radiator, because it is your money, and then comfort and peace of mind.Now you know how to install the battery. This process is quite complex and it is better to entrust this process to professionals.