How to hang a chandelier?
Watch the video
Any business should be started, armed with not only a tool, but also knowledge. This law applies even when you just need to hang a chandelier on the ceiling. How much it costs to hang a chandelier, you can learn from the wizard who does it. This article will discuss how to properly hang a chandelier with your own hands.
There are two ways to fix the chandelier:
- using a hook;
- using the mortgage plate. Which one to choose depends on the type of lamp purchased.
First you need to prepare the tools. Regardless of which method is suitable for mounting the chandelier, the set of tools will be the same:
- drill with pobeditovy tip;
- screwdriver indicator;
- power cross screwdriver;
- insulating tape.
Tools assembled, proceed to the installation of the lamp.
It should be noted that this method is only suitable for lamps with a special decorative cup that will close the attachment point.For chandeliers it is better to use a special anchor bolt with a hook. Especially if the lamp is heavier than two kilograms.
- We insert into the cartridge of the perforator a drill with a pointed tip.The diameter of the drill is selected based on the diameter of the bracket under the hook. We drill a hole in the ceiling.
- Insert the anchor into the hole and twist until it stops. Such a mount can withstand a lamp of any weight.
- Hang the lamp on the hook and attach the wires.
- To complete the installation of the chandelier it will be necessary only to fix the decorative cup in the upper position.
Fastening with a mortgage bar
The second method is fixing the chandelier with the help of a bracket (a mortgage plate). This method is a bit more complicated:
- Mortgage bar itself is included in the luminaire kit. It also has two bolts that will hold the chandelier.
- First you need to adjust the distance between the bolts so that it coincides with the distance between the holes in the lamp itself.
- Next, you need to fix the mortgage plate on the ceiling. To do this, we again need stepladder and punch.
- We attach the bracket to the ceiling, mark the place of attachment with a pencil.
- Drill two holes in the ceiling.If the chandelier is not heavier than two kilograms, the embedded bar can be fixed with the help of plastic dowels and self-tapping screws. If the lamp is heavy - it is better not to save and use anchors.
- Now you need to attach the wires. It is more convenient to do it together, one person holds the lamp near the ceiling, the second is engaged in wiring.
- It remains only to put the chandelier on the two screws mounted on the bracket and fix them with decorative nuts.
Chandelier mount on the suspended ceiling
How to hang a chandelier on a regular concrete ceiling, we found out. But lately stretch ceilings have become fashionable. Here, work will be a little more difficult, but still not so critical that the apartment owner himself cannot cope with it. So, consider how to hang a chandelier on a suspended ceiling.
- For a start, some simple tips. First, it is necessary to prepare for the installation of the lamp before the ceiling is stretched. It is highly desirable to buy a lamp in advance to determine the type of its attachment.
- The material of the chandelier should not be very hot, the ceiling should be directed downwards or sideways. Otherwise, you may damage your suspended ceiling.
- Ways of fixing the chandelier on the suspended ceiling are also two. Either with the help of bolts and screws, or with the help of the same hook. The method depends on the type of your chandelier. But in any case, under the stretch ceiling for the chandelier should provide a mortgage.
- Embedded is a special wooden plank that is attached to the concrete slab under the stretch ceiling. It is to the mortgage that we will later hang the chandelier. Depending on the weight of the lamp, the mortgage should be fixed to the ceiling either with dowels or anchors.
To begin with, we make a hole in the ceiling through which the wires will pass and the hook will be screwed in if the lamp should be fixed in this way. To do this, from plastic with a thickness of 2 mm, we cut a ring of the required diameter.
- With the help of superglue we mount a plastic ring on the stretch ceiling.
- After the glue dries, cut a hole in the ceiling along the inner radius of the ring.
- If the lamp is mounted on a hook, the next steps are no different from installing the chandelier to a regular ceiling.
Mounting without hook
- If we hang a chandelier without a hook, we need to make holes for the fastening bolts. They are cut in the same way.At first it is necessary to glue the rings of thin plastic on the ceiling, then cut holes in the inner diameter.
- These plastic rings will reliably protect the ceiling fabric from tears. Further, it is necessary to act the same as in the case of installation of the chandelier on a regular ceiling.