How to go to Canada?
Canada is a very beautiful country, and many people visit it every year to admire its sights and unique natural landscapes. But there is also a category of citizens who are not averse to making this country their permanent place of residence.
We will talk about how to leave for Canada for permanent residence in this article.
How to start moving
The immigration process is complicated and requires maximum preparation and the most serious attitude. First of all, you should assess your chances of obtaining a residence permit in this country. Potential candidates will be evaluated on various indicators, including:
- Work experience;
- A job offer from a Canadian employer;
- Knowledge of languages (English and French);
- Relatives residing in Canada.
For these and other indicators in the amount you need to score at least 67 points. Tables with points are on the official site.
List of required documents
In order to go to Canada for permanent residence, you need to submit a formal application and attach the following documents to it:
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate.
- Diplomas of education.
- If there are children who study, then you need to submit certificates from educational institutions.
- Employment history.
- Help from the police.
- International passport.
- Photos (size as for a passport) - 4 pcs.
- If you have relatives in Canada, you need to show evidence of their relationship with them.
- Rights, certificates and any other documents that you consider important.
When submitting documents, it will not be superfluous to have their copies; in the case of a labor copy, it must be certified. It will be very good to translate documents into English or French. This will speed up the clearance process.
If all the documents are in order, then after a while, a potential immigrant will be assigned an interview, the purpose of which is to find out whether it is advisable to invite this person to live in Canada. Questions at the interview can ask the most different and it is important to prepare for the interview and informative, and psychologically.
After the successful completion of this test comes the next stage - the medical board. The future immigrant is given medical cards, and he must undergo a medical examination within 90 days.Moreover, doctors do not have to choose, they are listed by name in the issued documents. The results of the survey are sent to Canadian specialists for verification, and then they are returned back to the embassy.
Provided that at all stages of the test was successful, you will need to open an account in the Bank of Canada. This is a kind of guarantee that a solvent immigrant enters the country. The amount on the account should be sufficient to stay in the country for a period, as it often takes several months to arrange and find a job and all this time you need to pay rent and current expenses.
Immediately upon arrival in Canada, it is important not to forget to purchase a temporary health insurance policy, because the state policy will only be available two months after the move.
List of official immigration programs
In short, you can go to Canada as a business investor, as a professional specialist, or to reunite with your family (either with relatives already living in this country, or when you marry a citizen of Canada.
Federal skilled workers
Federal skilled workers (Canada Federal Immigration Program) - a program for graduates. Since May 1 of this year, a quota has been declared for 25,000 applicants, of which 500 places have been given to doctors of science. The list of professions can be viewed on the website.
Federal skilled trades
This program is aimed at workers with good experience and high qualifications. Quota for this category - 5000 people. This program includes workers in the following categories:
- Construction and industry.
- Development and extraction of natural resources.
- Equipment operation.
- Cooks and chefs.
- Butchers, bakers.
Canadian experience class
Under this program, people who have already worked on the territory of this country may immigrate to Canada. However, there are specialties that are not covered by this program:
- Administrative employees and assistants.
- Managers of retail and catering.
In simple terms, a candidate for Canadian citizenship must either invest in the economy of this country, or run his own business and create jobs for Canadians. This category falls into:
- Entrepreneurs with a minimum amount to open a business of 300,000 Canadian dollars;
- Private entrepreneurs engaged in the arts, agriculture or sports and have achieved significant results in any of these fields.
- Investors with a minimum amount of 800,000 Canadian dollars, half of which they have to invest in the country's economy. The sum comes back after five years without any extra charges and interest.
Any Canadian citizen who has reached the age of 18, or a resident who has permanent residence, can assist in helping relatives obtain an immigration visa. The family program includes:
- Children adopted abroad.
- Spouse or spouse.
- Close relatives (brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles).