How to flash receiver?
Basically, all satellites are equipped with free broadcasting channels, the so-called FTA channels, which can be viewed without cards and subscription fees. Receivers with such (open) channels are much cheaper than those receivers (have paid coded channels), which broadcast in different encodings and require the consumer to purchase the appropriate cards or pay a monthly subscription.
Thus, the basic solution to the question of how to flash the receiver becomes the encoding emulator. Such a correctly selected program allows, by simulating (emulating) a card, to support a certain channel code. Emulators are installed in the devices of many receivers that support several encodings at once. You can familiarize yourself with the table of codings that support these or those receivers on the "" page.
Methods of firmware receiver
Before describing how to flash a satellite receiver or how to conduct operations with conditional access modules, smart cards, let's clarify the following points that affect the result:
- In general, new programs for rewriting, as well as the sewing itself, enter the market according to the principle "AS IS" ("as is"). This means that only you are responsible for the effectiveness of the use of selected programs.
- The process of connecting a satellite receiver to a computer should be carried out only when the power of both devices is turned off via a null modem cable.
- It is necessary to download software only to the receiver whose brand and model is right for him.
- Specify the pros and cons of a specific firmware. Internet forums often discuss incidents when, after installing a new software, there is a loss of certain features or functions characteristic of the previous software version.
- Turning off the receiver or computer at the time of installation is unacceptable in any case.
You can flash the receiver in various ways. To get acquainted with each specific method of firmware of a particular type of receiver, use the link "".
You can find out more about the positive and negative sides of the ways of updating the software (software) below. If we are downloading from a computer, then:
- we know what version of software we are downloading and we have an idea about its capabilities;
- You can flash at any time;
- You can download the old version of the software;
- you can insert an alternative (non-proprietary) software;
- you need a computer with Internet access, or a CD with the necessary firmware;
- Always need an extra cable.
To find files with firmware, the best option would be to visit the site of the manufacturer or some thematic site. When making a manual satellite download, please note that:
- data of the satellite name and the frequency of the download channel are needed;
- Sometimes a satellite may not be received on your antenna;
- you do not know the capabilities of the new software;
- you can install anytime;
- A new proprietary proven software will be implemented, exclusively for your receiver.
Often with automatic satellite download:
- you do not know the capabilities of the new version;
- the download process can be started at any time, but it is not recommended to interrupt;
- a new variation of proprietary proven software designed for the model of your receiver will be installed;
- You can use the new version of the software immediately after it appears.
if you want to make the receiver firmware using smart cards and conditional access modules, know:
- There are a number of receivers that support this method of firmware;
- You must purchase a conditional access module, as well as one or more smart cards;
- you know which software version is being downloaded, you are familiar with its capabilities;
- uploading can be done at any time;
- if desired, it is possible to install the old version of the software;
- installation of an alternative (non-proprietary) version of software is possible;
- when the software is uploaded, you can use the conditional access module and the smart card to view a number of coded channels.
As a result, manual receiver firmware is the most preferred option when downloading from a computer. How to flash receiver tricolor?
Consider the process of firmware receiver for example Tricolor TV DRE-5000. This analogy applies to almost all receivers. For the firmware will be needed:
- DRE-5000 receiver;
- a computer;
- cable category null modem;
- program broach;
- your chosen firmware (possibly the latest version).
Stitch through the RS-232 port (COM port). For this we use a null modem cable.Under a computer that is not equipped with an RS-232 connector, you will need to purchase an adapter cable from USB to COM port. Connect the receiver to the USB port of a computer or laptop. On the manufacturer's website we find the necessary program for the flasher and download it. Then we unpack the flash driver DRE Burner and install it on a computer (laptop).
Then, having turned off the power supply to the instruments (receiver and computer), we conduct their connection via a null modem cable. One port (connector) RS-232 is located on the rear panel of the computer system unit, and the other is on the back of the receiver.
After connecting the equipment, we proceed to launch on the computer of the previously installed program for the DRE Burner firmware. In the window that appears, specify the path for the flasher: click "Open File" and show the place where it is stored on the disk, click "Upload" and turn on the receiver. After that, the sewing will be done automatically. The process can be observed through the window of the flasher or the receiver indicator. The appearance of the inscription "Completed" will mark the end of the process of firmware satellite receiver.
Tip: never turn off the power of the receiver during the firmware. Such an action would entail the failure of the receiver! The process of firmware, in fact, is simple. Anyone can handle it. Do not be afraid of this process, because now you know how to flash receiver.Try it and you will definitely succeed.