How to flash DNS?
Watch the video
Many users encounter a number of problems when working on a tablet - a small data transfer rate, the device freezes, an independent reboot and other failures. To improve the performance of the device, you must upgrade or change the software. In the article we will talk about how to flash a tablet using the example of DNS products.
How to self-flash tablet DNS
- To get started, you need to download the firmware from the manufacturer and the firmware program.
- Copy the necessary information from the tablet to any carrier (contacts, photos, videos, etc.). Also be prepared that after the program is installed, all applications and settings that you have previously installed will be removed.
- Take care that the battery is at least fifty percent full. If necessary, charge the tablet.
- Turn off the tablet. Then hold down the "Home" button and connect the device to the computer with a USB cable. (Depending on the tablet model, the button for entering the service mode may be different, for example, you may need to hold the volume slider up or hold these keys at the same time).
- Install the driver for the appropriate OS.
- Next, you need to run the firmware utility. If the tablet was correctly determined by the computer, then in the dialog box a small window should light up in green, where the serial number of the tablet will be highlighted.
- Then you need to select the firmware file in the dialog box and click the "Upgrade" button.
- When the software update process starts, you need to wait for the final download. In no case do not disconnect the tablet from the computer during the procedure. (Otherwise, you will need to carry the device to the service center for the restoration of work).
- After the program is installed, the tablet should reboot itself. Otherwise, run the utility again and repeat the entire algorithm (from the sixth point). Keep in mind that after flashing the first start-up of the tablet may take longer than usual.
Be careful when installing custom firmware yourself (programs that are downloaded from third-party sites and are created by independent developers). In order to avoid damage to the device, we recommend using only the official programs of the manufacturer.
Please note that the article is a recommendation.The editors are not responsible for the actions of users. If you are not confident in your abilities, then contact a service center for assistance.