How to distribute WiFi from a windows 7 laptop?
Watch the video
Modern life is simply impossible to imagine without access to the Internet. He has long been the main means of communication, a source of useful information, news and all sorts of entertainment. And, of course, everyone wants to have access to the Internet everywhere. To be able to access the Internet anywhere in your home or office, you must create and connect to a wireless access point. This can be done even without a router.
In this article we will discuss in more detail how to distribute wifi from a windows 7 laptop.
There are two options for setting up a distribution of a wifi-network from a laptop: through the built-in tools of Windows and through the use of third-party programs.
Setup using standard tools
The following describes the easiest way to create a wifi access point from a laptop.
- Go to "Start" - "Control Panel".
- In the "Network and Internet" category, select "View network status and tasks".
- In the "Change Network Settings" menu, select the first item.
- In the window that opens, select the item concerning the computer-to-computer wireless network setup and click "Next."
- Again "Next."
- Enter the network name and password to it.
- Save the settings and click "Next."
- After creating the network, you need to configure it. Click "Close."
- Before you remain open window "Network Control Center". In the left menu, find the "Change advanced sharing settings" command.
- In all points, check the box "Enable" and save the changes.
- Now, from any device that supports connecting to wireless networks, you can connect to the created network.
You can also configure the distribution of wifi using the command line, but this method is not for every user, but only for those who know how to use the computer at an advanced level.
Another simple way to create a wi-fi access point from a laptop is to use specially designed programs for this.
Setting up with third-party programs
There are also third-party programs that are designed to simplify the process of creating a wi-fi access point from a laptop as much as possible. One of the most popular free programs that are used for this purpose is. Using this program is extremely easy.When you download and install the program to your laptop, you will need to do the following:
- Find the program shortcut on your desktop or in the Start menu.
- Right click on it and select "Run as administrator".
- In the first tab "Settings", select "Automatic HotSpot configuration".
- Set the network name and password and select your ip-address from the list.
- Click "Start".
Just a few clicks of the mouse you create a new wireless access point and you can enjoy wireless Internet access anywhere in the network coverage area.
Please note that the access point will not work if your laptop is turned off or in standby mode.