How to disable the firewall?
Windows Firewall is a built-in firewall. It first appeared in the second Service Pack for Windows XP. A firewall allows you to control program access to various networks, including the global Internet. It is a component of Windows Security Center. But sometimes it interferes, and it needs to be turned off. For information on how to disable Windows Firewall, see below.
How to disable Windows 7 Firewall
In order to perform this task, you must perform a chain of actions:
- Go through the "Start" menu or through the search using the shell: ControlPanelFolder command in the "Control Panel".
- Find in the "Control Panel" item "Windows Firewall".
- In the new window on the left, find the link "Enable or disable Windows Firewall" and click on it.
- You will see a window in which you can disable or enable the firewall for each existing network. Use the switches to disable the firewall for all networks.
Formally, disabling the Windows Firewall is complete. Of course, you can also disable the network monitoring service itself. For this:
- Run the services.msc program using the "Run" command or search in the "Start" menu.
- In the open window, find the tab "Services".
- In the list of all services find "Windows Firewall", double click on this item.
- In the new dialog box, find and click the "Stop" button.
- Then use the drop-down list called "Startup Type" to disable Windows Firewall (by selecting "Disabled").
- Next, you should run the msconfig program (again, using the "Run" or search in the "Start" menu).
- In the window that opens ("System Configuration"), click on the "Services" tab.
- Find the Windows Firewall service in the list and uncheck it. You may not be able to find this service in the list - this means that it was successfully stopped and disabled, no additional actions are required.
How to disable Windows XP Firewall
If you are using an older version of Windows, then surely ask yourself how to disable XP firewall. In fact, the principle of disabling the firewall in Windows XP is very similar to the one described above:
- To get started, go to "Start".
- Open the "Control Panel".
- In it, find "Windows Firewall".
- In the new window, in the "General" tab, find the item "Turn off is not recommended."