How to Cut and Decorate a Wine Bottle
Cutting the wine bottle into two parts
Pick out a wine bottle suitable to your choice and taste.
Use a glass cutter to draw a neat and straight line in whichever direction and area of the bottle you desire.Avoid overlapping lines.
Light a candle.Place the wine bottle with the drawn line over the lit candle. Make sure that the fire is pointed up to the drawn line or angle on the bottle, so that the flame only meets the line on the bottle.
Rotate the bottle, letting the flame heat the line all around.How you position it depends on where the line you have drawn is around the bottle––let the flame of the candle heat whatever line you have drawn. Do this for a minute, rotating the bottle through the heat of the fire.
Pour cold water or normal temperature water on the now heated line on the wine bottle.Repeat until you start to hear the bottle crack; bit by bit a cracking sound of glass will be heard.
Wait for the bottle to crack in half.The half of the bottle will either fall off or crack into two parts. If neither happens, lightly pull or tug on one half so that the exertion will cause the bottle to part into two pieces.
- Do not hit or screw the bottle to into two parts, as this will cause the bottle to crack into more parts or may not part evenly.
Sand the break line.Using sandpaper or a glass file, smoothly file down the glass evenly. This will allow you to handle glass without worry about being cut.
Decorating with photos and borders
Decide whether the cut piece will be used as a vase, candle holder or glass.If you make several, these can be turned into drinking glasses, ideal for lemon juice, topped with a lemon slice, etc.
Decorate your newly cut wine bottle.Collect many creative, bright and sparkly craft and arts items for adding to the bottle.
Spray paint the bottom half of the wine bottle evenly.This step is optional.
Glue on the craft pieces of choice, such as lace or ribbon.This can be added around the top and bottom of the half cut wine bottle. Items such as artificial gems, can also be used.
Place and assemble photo negatives in the order pleasing to you.Then glue them in place.
- If using for liquid, use Mod Podge to cover the photos and keep them waterproof.
Place candle in the half cut wine bottle.Light it and enjoy the magical effects of the light glowing the photo negatives, enjoy you memorable moments lighting in the dark! Or fill with a drink or add a flower.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Make sure that your hands and the bottle are not wet, when heating the drawn line. this may cause lost of grip when holding wine bottle. The bottle being wet can cause the fire to not heat properly.
- Flowers or other decorative craft items can help beautify the bottle, let your imagination run wild.
- Do not put too much hot glue on the photo negative. This is to prevent it from melting.
- Be careful when heating wine bottle. Do not wear long sleeves.
- Be careful! The glue gun can burn into flesh sometimes if comes into contact.
- Use gloves when sanding or filing down wine bottle, so that the glass won't cut into your hands.
Video: DIY Wine Cork Coasters
The Sex Problem He Should See His Doctor About
How to Keep Your Brows Neat in BetweenShapings
4 Ways to Use Endnote
How to Buy Bling for a Dog
Asparagus Jalapeño Risotto
How to Get Good Grades in Middle School
Samira Wiley Cant Resist Someone Who Loves a Bacon Cheeseburger
How to Avoid Illness or Declining Health with Better Diet and Nutrition
6 Tips to Help Leave Travelers Diarrhea at Home
Date: 02.12.2018, 21:41 / Views: 32285