How to count the cycle of menstruation?
From the menstrual cycle depends on hormones in a woman's body, which, as you know, plays a big role. From his level depends on the mood, ability to work and overall well-being of women. Knowing exactly everything about your cycle is very useful both for planning a pregnancy and for general monitoring of your health. After all, knowing exactly all the phases of the cycle, with the slightest deviation in time to contact the gynecologist, you can prevent many diseases.
Many people think that it is very difficult to accurately calculate the cycle. In fact, it is not. The article will discuss how to correctly count the cycle of menstruation.
The beginning of the cycle is the first day of menstruation, its end is the first day of the next menstruation. Here we can conclude that the cycle duration is the number of days that have passed from the beginning of one menstruation to the beginning of the next. In fact, the duration of the menstrual cycle is a rather non-permanent phenomenon, as it depends on many factors.The average cycle time is 28 days, but for each woman this indicator is unique. The menstrual cycle is divided into four phases:
- the first is the menstruation itself.
- the second - follicular, during which the maturation of the egg.
- ovulation - the release of a ripe egg into the fallopian tube.
- the luteal phase - the former follicle secretes hormones, and the uterus “prepares” to accept a fertilized egg. If conception did not occur, then this follicle is removed from the uterus. This is the beginning of a new cycle.
All cycle calculations are carried out to determine the actual ovulation itself. For this you need:
- Track the cycle duration for at least 6 months.
- From the number of days of the shortest cycle, subtract 18, this will be the first day of the favorable period for conception.
- Further, we need to subtract 11 from the longest cycle, and we have the day of the end of this period.
This method of calculating ovulation only works with a more or less stable cycle. And hope for one hundred percent result is not necessary. If you have problems with your menstrual cycle, you can use the method of measuring basal temperature and consult a doctor.A gynecologist may prescribe folliculogenesis to accurately determine ovulation.
In addition, there are quite a few websites on the Internet that do the calculations for you. You need to enter only the necessary data and get the result. An example of such a site might be.
If you want to have such a calendar always at hand, you can download and install it on your PC (download link -).
Using our recommendations, you can correctly count the monthly cycle.