How to cook haddock?
More recently, there was talk about the dishes made from haddock. This results from the fact that earlier it was not sold. And, of course, there are many questions about how to cook haddock in various ways. In this article, we will provide several ways to prepare such dishes, where the main product is haddock.
To begin with, we will clarify that for those who hear about haddock for the first time, this is cod fish living in the Atlantic Ocean. And since it has dense and large scales, it is removed together with the skin, and it weighs about three kilograms, not more. Almost all the fishes are the same. It has a lot of vitamins. And if you cook this fish correctly, it will be a great dish for your holiday and evening table. Consider the most common recipes for its preparation.
Haddock in the oven
Indeed, the most fragrant fish dishes are obtained in the oven. Therefore, we will talk about how to cook haddock in the oven quickly and tasty. To begin with, we will list the ingredients that we will need during the preparation of this dish:
- Haddock (0.8 kg);
- Parmesan cheese (70 grams);
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons);
- Lemon (1 wedge);
- Dill (1 sprig);
- Cilantro (1 sprig);
- Onions (1 piece);
- Eggplant (1 pc);
- Tomato (1 pc);
- First you need to thaw a haddock and clean it of scales, fins and viscera.
- Now rub with rosemary and salt the whole haddock carcass, sprinkle lemon on the carcass. And in the middle we put the sprigs of dill and cilantro.
- Wash eggplants and cut into large pieces in the form of squares.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and put onions, chopped thick rings. Fry for about 5 minutes, until the onion is transparent.
- Closely cut the tomato. After that, put onion, tomato and eggplant in a pan on top. And fry for about 5 minutes over medium heat, then increase the heat and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Take a baking dish, and lubricate it with olive oil. Then put the fish and lay the vegetables on top.
- Speaking about how to cook haddock fish, we note that the oven should be heated to 200 degrees and only after that, put the dish for 40 minutes.
- When 35 minutes have passed, after we put the dish in the oven, sprinkle it with grated cheese and leave to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Note that there are no restrictions in the spices, so you can add your favorite spices and dry herbs. It does not harm the taste and flavor of haddock fish.
Haddock in foil
Also, we can not ignore and not tell you how to cook haddock in foil, since such a recipe is very much in demand both in restaurants and at home. In addition, this method of cooking haddock is the most beneficial for the body, both for an adult and for a child, and is dietary. So, we list the ingredients that we need in the preparation process:
- Haddock fillets (2pcs);
- Mushrooms Mushrooms (2pcs);
- Carrots (2pcs);
- Tomato (4pcs);
- Onions (1 piece);
- Basil (2 twigs);
- Dry herbs;
- First, chop the onion into small pieces and grind the carrot through a coarse grater. Then heat the pan and fry the cooked vegetables, no more than 3 minutes.
- Take the fillet and cut it into several pieces, depending on the portions. Then we salt and pepper. Leave to insist.
- Put the fried onions and carrots on the foil, put the fillet on top and then the tomato circles around the fillet.
- Now all sprinkle with dry herbs and add basil sprigs. But this can not be done, so consider the taste preferences of your family. Mushrooms cut into four parts and put the side of the filet.
- Wrap the foil tightly. Preheat oven at 200 degrees and put the dish for 20 minutes.
- Note that if there are no tomatoes, then red sweet pepper may also be suitable, which would also be appropriate in a similar dish.
Now you know about how to cook haddock in several most interesting ways. But these are not the only recipes. The fact is that the haddock fish is universal, and not only can it be fried, stewed, made in a marinade with tomatoes, in the oven and foil, but also cooked burgers from its fillet, which will appeal to every member of your family. By the way, regardless of whether you are preparing a similar dish for a holiday or not, remember that such a fish must be made an appropriate presentation.