How to cook a rabbit in sour cream?
A great option to get high-grade protein is rabbit meat. This meat contains the most protein, which is best absorbed by the body. In addition, rabbit meat is not high in calories. We will tell you how to cook a rabbit in sour cream, to use all these benefits with pleasure. This dish will appeal to many, sour cream sauce will give an already tender meat a special piquancy and delicacy. Juicy rabbit slices in sour cream will not leave indifferent even the most capricious gourmet.
Rabbit in sour cream: a recipe
We can recommend this recipe even to novice hostesses, since it’s not difficult to cook a rabbit in sour cream, you just need to follow the instructions clearly (if you are a beginner). If you have a huge experience in the field of cooking, you can take the recipe as a basis, add your own and share in the comments.
Rabbit in sour cream: what is needed
- The basis:
- carcass of one rabbit or fillet;
- pepper, garlic (optional), soy sauce, for marinating meat (sauce about 5 tablespoons);
- cooking oil for frying;
- carrots, onions.
- For sour cream sauce:
- cream 400-500 grams (depends on the size of the rabbit);
- flour (2 tablespoons with a hill);
- butter (2 teaspoons);
- a pinch of salt;
- water or broth (about 2 glasses) is hot.
- Dumpling or other container for roasting.
Cooking a rabbit in sour cream
- If there is fat on the carcass, cut it off, but do not throw it out, it is useful for frying, the meat will be juicier. If you have a fillet without fat, do not worry, you can fry in butter. Cut the meat into pieces (not finely).
- Grate the rabbit pieces with pepper and garlic passed through the press, cover with soy sauce and leave for an hour or two in the refrigerator. Remember that soy sauce is quite salty, you may not need to add more salt. Such a marinating process will add spice to the meat, make it even more juicy and tasty.
- At the end of the pickling period, remove the rabbit. Heat the oil in a frying pan or grease from the rabbit, and fry the rabbit pieces until golden. Everything must be done quickly, so that only a beautiful, ruddy crust will turn out, the meat will still be subjected to heat treatment, so do not worry that it will not roast.If you wish, fry the meat in batter (roll in the egg, in the flour, again in the egg and in the flour, after frying). Put off the meat.
- Cut onions and carrots as desired. Onions can be diced, finely, carrots on a medium grater. Fry the onions and carrots in a frying pan, where the rabbit was fried until golden onion and soft carrots.
- Turn on to warm up the oven (if the stove is electric), approximately 1900.
- Prepare sour cream sauce. Pan needed clean. Split the pan, put the flour on it, reduce the heat and stir constantly. See that the flour does not burn when it turns a little golden, add a pinch of salt and butter, mix well. Begin to pour in the water gently, stirring the sauce intensely. At the end add sour cream and knead well. Turn off the fire, cover the sauce for now.
- While the sauce “reaches”, fold the rabbit pieces into a baking dish, on top of the onions and carrots. Pour all the cream sauce and send to the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. If desired, 5-7 minutes before the end of baking, sprinkle the rabbit with grated hard cheese.