How to connect the smartphone to the TV?
Watch the video
The technology of displaying images from a smartphone to a TV was developed a long time ago. It has been used in many Nokia N-Series devices, and is now used in flagship smart phones on Android and iOS.
To connect the smartphone to the TV, you must:
- Find out from the technical specifications whether your Android device supports the MHL standard.
- Check for the presence of HDMI-connector on the TV;
- Buy a special cable (MHL> HDMI).
It is worth considering that all smartphones from Apple, starting with the iPhone 4, support the transfer of the image to the TV via a special cable, which differs in connector sizes.
How to connect a smartphone to a TV with HDMI?
In order to display an image on a TV from an Android device, you should:
- Connect the cable to the microUSB connector on the phone;
- Connect the cable to the HDMI connector on the TV;
- Using the remote control, select the HDMI mode on the TV (usually using the same button that is responsible for turning on the AV).
Connecting an iOS device is also carried out, only for this purpose a cable is used that is equipped with a 30-pin (for iPhone 4 / 4S) or Lightning (for iPhone 5 and older models) connector.
It is worth noting that there are wireless image transmission technologies, such as Miracast, which use the standard Wi-Fi. Connecting a smartphone to the TV with their help is quite difficult:
- You must have a Wi-Fi module on your TV or a special HDMI dongle (receiver with Wi-Fi);
- Only the most expensive smartphones are equipped with this technology;
- Frequent issues with hardware compatibility.