How to connect the DVR?
Watch the video
The tense situation on the roads today obliges many motorists to have a DVR in their car, because nothing insures the driver against all sorts of problems in various incidents, like tape confirmation of the validity of his actions. Despite the fact that the market value of this technical product is not quite affordable (the average price is 100-150 cu), it will save a lot of time, nerves and money, and to ensure a quiet ride is not the amount in which it is worth infringing yourself. In addition, they began to be used not only in cars, but also in office and warehouse premises, since this is an excellent opportunity to save material resources and ensure quick and easy installation without attracting special agencies.
For those who decided to acquire this device, but do not know how to install it correctly, the instructions will describe in detail how to connect the DVR in the car,on the computer and to the Internet.
Full hd in car
The most popular brands that produce DVRs are:
It is advisable to buy recorders with Full HD resolution, as the image quality is quite different when compared with ordinary models. If you have difficulties with the purchased device, then read the article on our website How to use the DVR.
Connect the DVR in the car in two ways: aesthetically and not aesthetically. In the first case, all the wires will be neatly hidden under the casing of the car, in the second - they will block the driver’s view, making it difficult to assess the traffic situation.
So, the aesthetic way:
- The DVR is advisable to attach behind the rearview mirror, as in this case it will not close the view. You can use a suction cup, mount with double-sided tape or a special bracket. The latter option will allow you to change the position of the DVR, directing it in the right direction if necessary (for example, on the left side of the windshield, if you communicate with the traffic police inspector near the car from the driver’s seat);
- Fasten the DVR to the windshield, insert the USB cable into the corresponding connector on the device and hide the wire behind the casing. To do this, it is necessary to drive the wire into the gap between the inner lining of the roof and the sun visor, paving his way toward the lining between the windshield and the passenger glass. There, as a rule, there is also a gap that allows you to have a wire behind the side window seal, lowering it into the glove compartment. From this point you have two choices: store the power supply in the glove compartment, using a specially purchased adapter, or, if the design of the car allows, stretch it further to the side panel;
- In the event that there are no gaps for the wire, you can use special small fixings on double-sided scotch that will allow you to pass the device wire under the glove compartment unnoticed (this advice will work on any other segment, but in this case you will not be able to make the wire completely invisible );
- Insert the power supply into the cigarette lighter socket. In modern cars, the DVR will turn on automatically when ignited.In more long-term cars, you will have to remove power from the device to prevent overheating of the microcircuits during a long absence.
You can read other practical installation tips in the article How to Install a DVR.
Connecting the DVR to the PC
This procedure is quite simple. Included with the DVR must be a special cable (patch cord), which is inserted into the network card slot. There, in the box, you will find a CD with software that you need to install on your computer. The installation procedure is quite simple and does not differ from the installation of any other program, but the main purpose of connecting the device to a PC is to transfer information to the Network and the ability to remotely access the DVR.
Own camera on the Internet
Before connecting the DVR to the Network, you need to establish a static IP for your connection, otherwise you will not be able to establish a connection due to the constantly changing address on the Network.
- Above was described the physical connection of the device to the PC. Now you need to do customization.Go to the DVR Main menu and select "Settings - Network";
- In the menu that opens, select the IP type - static, specifying the address, subnet mask, gateway and dns (the manufacturer indicates these data in the accompanying documentation);
- Confirm the changes and go through the Desktop - Start - Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center / Network Connections (if you have Windows XP, then stop at this point) - Change adapter settings in the Ethernet shortcut / LAN connection;
- Click the icon with the right mouse button - Properties - Internet Protocol (TCP \ IP). In the "Use the following IP address" field, check the box and in the opened window fill in the data as in step 2, except for the last digit in the IP address (it should be different);
- Go to your browser and register in the search box IP-address of the DVR. In the window that opens, enter your credentials (username and password). If everything is done correctly, a window with a program interface will appear in front of you, in which the picture from the included DVR will be transmitted.
You can also use customization through special software.which comes bundled with the DVR, but in this case you will not have to use your own browser, but a special program that you install using the installation disc.