How to connect the console to the TV?
Watch the video
All over the world, they switched to digital television a long time ago. In this regard, our country has begun the transition from analog signal transmission quite recently. However, now more and more digital television users are appearing in Russia. This is explained by the fact that digital signal transmission is much better, which means that the image quality will also be better.
Thanks to digital television, everyone has the opportunity to watch their favorite shows in digital quality. To ensure the transmission of a digital signal, you must use a digital set-top box.
Consider how you can connect it.
For a start, we note that to connect a digital set-top box, you can buy any modern TV. Suitable models from 2007, you can find older ones. The main thing is that the TV has an antenna input, as well as connectors for tulips, a scart-input with a video input. However, most modern TVs have a hdmi-connector, which is also perfect for connecting the console.
In order to connect the set-top box to the TV, you will need a coaxial cable, connectors, as well as a satellite dish or antenna, which will need to be fixed outside the house. By the way, the cost of modern digital set-top boxes with cable, antenna and other necessary elements is no more than 10 thousand rubles.
Next, consider how to connect the digital set-top box to the TV.
Connecting a digital set-top box
Digital set-top box can be connected not only to the TV, but also to the monitor, as well as dvd-player. However, in the case of connecting the console not to the TV, you will need a special adapter to connect the coaxial cable to the device. Such an adapter can be purchased at almost any electronics store.
The procedure for connecting the set-top box to the TV as follows:
- Unpack the TV box. Remove all protective films from it. This is necessary in order to avoid heating the films during the operation of the console.
- Take a coaxial cable and cut the protective sheath from its ends, while retreating by 10-15 millimeters.Cut off the casing so as not to damage the shiny film that protects the center conductor. This film is shielding.
- Gently peel back the film and screw the f-connectors.
- Now it remains to connect the coaxial cable set-top box to the TV.
- Next, you need to connect the wire-tulips to the TV and console.
- After that, connect your antenna to the TV. Installation of the antenna should be made on the balcony or on the outer wall of the house. In this case, you must ensure that the antenna does not interfere with branches or wires of the power line.
It remains only to configure the console to enjoy digital television.
Setting up a digital set-top box
Setting up a digital set-top box is as follows:
- Take the remote control of the digital set-top box and press the "Menu" button.
- In the window that appears, you need to select the item "Customize channels".
- Click "OK" and wait until the console automatically detects the channels.
- After that, you just have to accept the found channels and save the settings.
Please note that in order to connect digital television, you need to use the services of providers that provide a connection to digital television.Some providers offer to purchase their digital set-top boxes with a set of digital TV channels included in the price. These include, for example, Tricolor TV.