How to connect a Philips TV?
Any modern TV can be independently connected to both wired and wireless Internet. To connect your TV to a wireless network, you must stock up with a router and a USB wireless adapter (specifically designed for this model of TV).
How to connect a Philips TV: basic steps
- You need to make sure that the router is turned on. The Internet should be actively "distributed".
- You also need to turn on the TV and connect the Philips USB adapter to the appropriate connector on the TV panel.
- Next, a message appears on the TV screen asking for a choice. If the TV previously connected to the network, you must select "No". In this case, the previously selected settings will remain. If the connection is made for the first time, you need to select "Yes".
- Now you need to make sure that the router supports the WPS protocol.
- If the connection is successful (which will inform the information message), then you need to select "OK" and enjoy surfing the net using the TV.
How to connect a Philips TV to your home network if your router supports the WPS protocol:
- On the screen, select the "WPS" key, then - "Connect", click "OK".
- The connection itself may take several minutes.
How to connect a Philips TV to your home network if the router does not support the WPS protocol:
- You must select the item "Scan".
- After the search, several currently active routers (for example, neighbors' routers) may appear on the screen. In the list of names to find your own and select it.
- Sometimes you need to enter the password that is set on the router. If the network is unprotected, everything will automatically connect.
- Next you need to select "Enter key" and click "OK". This procedure is carried out once, then the TV automatically uses the saved password.
- Using the remote, you must enter the appropriate password. Next you need to select "OK".
- If the key is successfully adopted, you must select the "Next" button.
- Again, you have to wait, because the connection to the network may take some time.
Connect the TV to a wired network
If there is no Wi-Fi distribution, the TV can also be connected to a wired network.
- Wired internet connects to your TV using a standard network cable or an Ethernet cable.
- On the TV remote control, press the button with the "house" icon. This is the entrance to the main menu.
- Next you need to select the item, which is called "Configuration" or "Setup".
- The next step is to select the item “Connect to network” or “Connect to network”.
- After that, select the item “Wired connection” from the list, i.e. “wired”.
- Next, a network search begins, which may take a certain amount of time.
- If the connection is successful, then you need to click the "OK" button.