How to Choose Video Editing Software
Plan out your budget.Both free and commercial video editing software exist. Professionals generally choose commercial software. Home video can be done with free software. Some camcorders come with software.
Decide what video formats you want to encode in, and choose software that can open and save in those formats.
Consider how important a simple interface to you is.
Do you want high definition (HD) video supported?
Ensure your computer meets the specifications not just in hardware but that the software is supported on your operating system.
Finally, choose your software.
- Windows Movie Makeris no good, it has way too many limits and tends to freeze due to an overabundance of factors.
- AviDemuxis a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows
- Pinnacle Studio(by Avid) - This is very easy to get started with and grow into later. Uses the Avid rendering engine for pristine looks. It's one of the only programs you can drag and drop AVCHD files from Sony hard-drive camcorders and begin editing right away. Works real smooth with standard def, but hi def will run your PC to it's limits. One disadvantage is that it uses a tremendous amount of hard drive space for rendered files. Rough Price - for the basic, 0 for HD capability and 0 with tons of extra bells and whistles.
- Sony Vegas- A very solid editing program. Not the BEST, but it has a lot of solid components. Good editing structures. Overall not bad, however could be better. Rough Price: 0
- Adobe Premiere- Solid software. There are many different versions, if you get the best then you're in good shape! It has a lot of good video transitions and many audio overlaying options. The only downside is there are limits to text animations. Rough Price- 9
- SmartPixel Producer- An easy to use editing software for beginners. It is not powerful, but it has an effects library for the unskilled users to add subtitles, background music,effects, etc. Rough Price- .9
Apple Final Cut Studio- Very Very reliable software. It is rumored that Napoleon Dynamite was edited on this software. This program is only for Mac OS so keep that in mind. Very professional looking, many advantages. The only downside is the price which is well over 00.
- Apple Final Cut Expressis another option and is considerably cheaper.
- Apple iMovieis a popular and free consumer-level editor which comes with new Macs as part of the iLife suite.
QuestionWhich is the most professional editing software? I want to do editing like Unisport and other cool YouTubers.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAdobe Premiere Pro is what professionals use for movie making. But if you're just starting out, use iMovie.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Only download software from legal and trusted websites.
- Video converters are everywhere but they are not the same as video editors and professionals would stick with Premiere, Final Cut and Vegas.
Video: Choosing The Best Video Editing Program | Video Editing Tutorials
How to Treat a Heart Attack
Does Carb-Loading Really Work
Cumin-Spiced Lamb with Carrot and Radish Salad
5 Benefits of Marriage Counseling
Gross: New Research Shows That 30 Percent of Tinder Users AreMarried
How to Make Spicy Hamburger Helper
Slow Cooker Paella
The countdown is on. Get SOTF-ready in six moves
Kelly Osbourne Says Giuliana Rancic Broke Her Heart
How to Propagate Frangipanis
How To Dance: Aljaz and Janette’s Expert Tips
Fancy Faces: DIY Halloween Masks
9 Things You Should Definitely Know if Youre Considering Invisalign
The Rock Clock: An Alarm That Gets You Out of Bed (And Motivated)
Why You Should Never Use a Hotel Hair Dryer
Date: 05.12.2018, 06:32 / Views: 81375