How to choose a cottage?
A person who has his own plot of land has unlimited possibilities to realize his creative, spiritual or worldly ambitions. You can delve into the theme of landscape design, create delightful flower beds or cultivate cultivated plants in the garden or garden. It is necessary to choose a dacha, taking into account the parameters and goals that are set for it, namely: the land is needed for a garden or a country house, or maybe land is needed for capital construction? And if you want to build a country house on the plot, then how to choose the cottage correctly, so that no unexpected problems arise during construction and that in the future life in the country house brings only pleasure and comfort. To do this, you should consider a number of factors.
It is best to deal with the choice of cottages in the fall. This allows you to maximize all the unpleasant nuances. Perhaps, after heavy rains, the road will be impassable, and to get to the site, and the more so to take the crop from it, will become a real problem. A similar situation can be expected after May or summer showers.
Prolonged rains will also help to identify weak spots, both in the roof of the house and in other buildings on the site, if any. Inspection of all rooms and premises should be carried out carefully, especially looking at the ceiling and walls. Not be superfluous and look into the cellar. If you chose a cottage in the fall, in summer, shrouded in the beauty of greenery, it will surely win your heart.
If you choose a house in the village, then be sure to estimate the population of the village. If in horticultural societies there is often protection, then in the village in winter time the level of the population can sharply decrease, creating a favorable environment for homeless people and country thieves. Be sure to find out enough information about your future neighbors. It will not be very nice if, after buying, it turns out that violent or grumpy people are near you.
You should always pay attention to the infrastructure of the village: shops, hospital, post office, pharmacy, beach, whether the streets are lit up in the evening. Special attention should be paid to:
- ecological situation;
- picturesque locality;
- whether the future home or cottage will not be obscured by nearby houses or the impenetrable shadow of the trees;
- remoteness from other residential buildings;
- availability of centralized water supply, garbage collection, mail delivery;
- the current situation in the village and the prospects for urban development. When choosing a dacha, it is better to find out if the authorities are not going to allocate nearby territory for landfill or the construction of a recycling plant.
Always evaluate the distance. It is best of course to travel to the country on your own car. However, it may happen that sometimes you need to go to the cottage by public transport. Due to unforeseen circumstances, it will be more convenient to know whether there is a regular transport (bus or railway) connection to a large settlement with the village. It is also important that the dacha itself is not located in the immediate vicinity of a high-speed highway or railway, otherwise you will have to forget about solitude, silence and fresh air.
This factor is one of the main indicators of comfortable conditions when choosing a cottage. You must evaluate the site for the presence in its territory of a well or spring, whether there is drinking water in it, what about the centralized water supply.For a good rest and gardening, the location near the river will not be superfluous, and a pond on the territory of the villa will be a very useful object for watering the vegetable garden. Be sure to consider this in order to choose the right cottage.
House on the site
First of all, evaluate the base of the house, since everything that is above can always be redone. Take your time at the basement of the house. Cracks and pits in the blind area are not allowed.
If the house is made of wood, check if the wood is not damaged by insect trees. Found "uninvited tenants", it is better to refuse purchase. Sooner or later the insects will finish the job begun. A plus for the summer house will be the possibility of heating the room in winter.
Garden and garden
If you are interested in the question of how to choose the cottage for the cultivation of land and cultivation of cultivated plants, then attention should be paid to the size of the plot, the quality of the soil, how close groundwater is, whether there is any water for irrigation.
The suburban area should have a flat surface or a small slope in the south or south-west. Such a slope will allow trees and plants to get as much sunlight as possible.In the spring season, the land on the site will warm up faster. This will allow the planting season to start on time. Note that in the lowlands often accumulates and excess moisture, and cold air.
For agriculture, the most optimal type of soil is loamy. In order to plant fruit trees, groundwater must lie at a depth of at least 1.5 meters. For berry bushes, vegetable crops, the water should be no deeper than 1 meter.
- If you want to choose a cottage for construction, then the important factors here are soil research:
- depth of groundwater;
- Is there a danger of flooding?
- what is the carrying capacity of the layers of the earth, whether it meets the specified requirements and so on.
- Square cottage. Plots up to 400 m are perfect for a blocked house. 400 - 800 m will be sufficient for the construction of a cottage. If a villa with its own garden is to be built, then an area of about 1000 m will be required.
- Land for construction of cottages usually have a rectangular shape. Well, if one of the short sides of the suburban area will be directed to the north.Most often it is from this side that they make the entrance to the country house, a country cottage. In making the choice of a dacha, it would be nice to outline a possible plan for the placement of additional residential buildings in the direction of the south-east and south-west.
A good indicator is the fact if all the necessary engineering communications are located near the site (gas and water lines, electricity and sewage). If these benefits are not available, then questions about their placement will have to be solved independently, which will require you to make significant additional investments and time.
Now you know how to choose the right cottage. Good luck with your purchase!