How to change the headlight low beam?
Watch the video
All car headlights must work properly, otherwise it is a violation of safety regulations. If the lamps in your car need to be replaced, we will tell you how to do it correctly.
How to replace the low beam lamps: instructions
- Open the hood and install the cover on the stand.
- Unscrew the bolts securing the headlamp on top and the nut securing it to the body from the inside (for this we use the key 13). Hold the bolts and nuts with your hands, and then put them in a box so as not to lose.
- Remove the headlamp from the seat.
- Turn the headlight cover counter-clockwise.
- Carefully bend the metal holder (it has a spring mechanism).
- Disconnect the terminal that leads directly to the light bulb, and remove it.
- Insert a new lamp.
- Replace the headlamp in reverse order.
- Take a new lamp in your hands only for the mechanical holder, otherwise you may accidentally damage it.
- Firmly tighten the nuts and bolts securing the headlamp, otherwise it will dangle while the car is moving on uneven terrain.
As soon as you can change the low beam lamp, you need to adjust the light beam. This happens as follows:
- Put the car next to the wall and hover a beam of light on it. It must be smooth and natural so as not to blind the driver of the oncoming car.
- In the event of glare and dashed lines, you can adjust the light. On the headlight housing, you will see two gears that need to be slightly turned with a screwdriver to achieve the desired effect.
Thus it is possible to change the low beam lamps on all headlamps.